PDA

View Full Version : Low Nut Jam (tasty)

Joe Tall
03-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Joe Tall is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Joe Tall checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Joe Tall calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Joe Tall calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Joe Tall 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls $19.78 (All-In), MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (17.89 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Joe Tall checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Joe Tall calls.

Final Pot: 20.89 BB

Take care and play well,
Joe Tall

e_fermat
03-09-2005, 11:37 AM
I would re-raise on the river. The only raiser on the turn was UTG+1 and he is already all-in at this point. Jam those extra bets in with the nut low, highly doubtful you are getting quartered, MP3 is likely betting a straight.

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 is likely betting a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
a straight? how the hell could he get there with straight cards?if i was gonna put him on a high hand, i would say flush, but im crazy, so who knows

e_fermat
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 is likely betting a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
a straight? how the hell could he get there with straight cards?if i was gonna put him on a high hand, i would say flush, but im crazy, so who knows

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I was thinking straight or flush but obviously the flush is more likely. A267 or something like that is possible though.

Nick709
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Looks like small blind has 24 also, at least without a read thats what I would think. Looks fine to me, however I would not raise on the river like some of these guys want to.

gergery
03-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I’d have bet the river.

When UTG bets the turn when the low hits its more likely he has the low, so SB and MP3 or more likely to be on high hands.

You’d need to be quartered by either SB or MP3 (as opposed to UTG+1) at least 2 times out of 3 before the bet is unprofitable. And since UTG+1 came to life when the low hit, but MP3 came to life when the straight/flush hit its much less likely that you are splitting low with them.

Good to see you in this forum, Joe Tall. But bad to see you at the 10-20 tables….

--Greg

Nick709
03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But bad to see you at the 10-20 tables….

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's not even close.

Joe Tall
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would re-raise on the river. The only raiser on the turn was UTG+1 and he is already all-in at this point. Jam those extra bets in with the nut low, highly doubtful you are getting quartered, MP3 is likely betting a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I'd avoid any extra mess with the player that is already all-in. Hopefully collecting an over call from the anyone who bets.

Thanks for your reply,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like small blind has 24 also, at least without a read thats what I would think. Looks fine to me, however I would not raise on the river like some of these guys want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a read yet as this was his second hand, but I thought the same about his low holding.

Thanks for your reply,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I’d have bet the river.

When UTG bets the turn when the low hits its more likely he has the low, so SB and MP3 or more likely to be on high hands.

You’d need to be quartered by either SB or MP3 (as opposed to UTG+1) at least 2 times out of 3 before the bet is unprofitable. And since UTG+1 came to life when the low hit, but MP3 came to life when the straight/flush hit its much less likely that you are splitting low with them.

Good to see you in this forum, Joe Tall. But bad to see you at the 10-20 tables….

--Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, I didn't want to open my nose to a posible raise and re-rasie. I decided checking, hoping the SB would just call so I could overcall. If I'm going to bet out, why not go for the river check-raise. Rarely such a river will be checked through, right?

Thanks for the welcome,
Joe Tall

gergery
03-09-2005, 09:54 PM
On the river, I didn't want to open my nose to a posible raise and re-rasie. I decided checking, hoping the SB would just call so I could overcall. If I'm going to bet out, why not go for the river check-raise. Rarely such a river will be checked through, right?

Actually, I do like check-raising better here.

Who’s going to re-raise you here? K-hi flush will bet this, no lower flush or set can re-raise. Another 2-4 might raise, but two other players having a 2-4 is extremely unlikely and we already put SB on 2-4. And a 2-4 might not even reraise you anyway. A24 w 2hearts would reraise, but we’d have heard from him by now.

Even if it is reraised, its more likely to be a Q-hi flush vs. K-hi flush rather than K-hi vs. 24 raising you. Besides, missing a bet is twice as painful to you financially as getting quartered.

just my 2 cents,

--Greg

Chris Daddy Cool
03-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi Joe, I'm glad to see you don't only play boring old hold'em.

I don't really have much to say to this but I have a strong urge to checkraise this river.

Joe Tall
03-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I can't find the HH right now but as you can suspect, I dragged 1/2 clean.

Thanks for your replies,
Joe Tall