PDA

View Full Version : What's up with my luck

KingTutATL
03-09-2005, 05:10 AM
I have Qs Ts in the BB. This is .25/.50 btw. 3 players after the BB fold. Button raises to $1. SB folds and i call the other .50. Flop is something like Jh 10d 4s. I'm really liking the open ended but im also worried he may already have me. I bet $3 and he puts me all in for another $4 to me. He has Jd Kh.

Turn: Kc (I make my straight)

River: Kc (He makes his boat Full of Kings)

What is the deal with poker? Can I hear some bad beats to console?

Bodhi
03-09-2005, 05:17 AM
post this in the pscychology forum. People here will flame you for a post like this (I don't mean to be rude)

deepsquat
03-09-2005, 05:23 AM
this is not a real bad beat dude. I hear where u r coming from though, my lucks a bit thin atm. Keep reading the boards and get better. As lee trevino once said "the more i practice, the luckier i seem to get"

peace.

jskills
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
A couple of things

1) If you hold QT and the flop comes J T 4, you don't have an open-ended straight draw, you have middle pair and a backdoor straight draw.

2) So when the K hits, giving you an open-ended straight draw, your opponent now has top 2 pair.

3) If the river came with an A or a 9, it really would have been you putting the bad beat on him, since he started with a better hand and was ahead the entire hand.

4) I think you're playing No-Limit? This is a Limit forum.

5) As stated by a previous poster, no one is going to care about bad beat stories except in the psychology forum.

6) Yeah, what is the deal with poker anyway?