PDA

View Full Version : 3/6, laying down KK?

Maulik
03-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 3, T, 6 (3 players)
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, UTG+1 caps, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 7 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets, Button calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 3 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets, Button calls.

Finally, I'm using the raises to find out where I'm at, I think I lost this hand.

Do you like this fold or call down?

sthief09
03-09-2005, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't have folded and I don't think it's close. flop bets and raises are very loose. people use them to find out where they're are. they're often incorrectly used as waste bets to save bets later by making a good fold. anyway. I'd call the cap and expect to win at least half the time

Carmine
03-09-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have folded and I don't think it's close. flop bets and raises are very loose. people use them to find out where they're are. they're often incorrectly used as waste bets to save bets later by making a good fold. anyway. I'd call the cap and expect to win at least half the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I at least see the turn. Potentail problem I see here is Hero is monkey in the middle. He is gonna have to call the first bet from UTG+1 do you fold if button raises and UTG+1 3-bets making it two to you and still not closing, but still not knowing if you are up against a set or JJ and QQ. Do you think a good line here would be to raise UTG+1 turn bet and if that doesn't shut these guys down you can safely fold. I realzie button checked both big streets, but we don't know that at the time.

jason_t
03-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Sup bro? I sent you the following PM but you didn't reply and since I'm so strongly curious about the answer, I'll post it here. (You can reply by PM though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

In a post I saw in NVG (I think) you wrote

"...and as a 'fellow mathematician' I say good job."

Elaborate, please. I'm a mathematician.

Also, I can't stand the fold. It looks like TT for UTG+1 is a possibility, but also JJ/QQ could be played on the flop this way. If he doesn't slow down on a big street, then you can safely fold. But not on the flop.

tetonpete
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
i hate this fold...do you fold AA?
I'd really want some reads...A lot of 3-6 players will cold call 3 with hands like ATs, or JJ-QQ. KK is also a slim possibility. Add in the great implied odds if you catch a K, and I'm calling this on the flop, and then raising a bet on the turn and reevaluating.

Hagrid
03-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Think its a terrible fold unless you have a specific read on him. I dont think you can really use raises to find out where your are at on a flop like this, wait til the turn to do that.

I think he either has AA, KK, QQ or JJ and you really aren't gonna know which til the turn, if you dont want to reraise on turn you can always just call on both streets, this hand definetly needs a showdown.

BTW can see card suits?