PDA

View Full Version : K5s on the flop

New001
03-09-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm new to 2/4, so this is probably an obvious one, but I'm just making sure to plug any holes I might have.

The Button was a fairly solid, a little tight but very aggressive. The other people in the hand were all pretty fishy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

My original plan was to check/raise after the Button bet, but MP3 did it for him and he folded. If instead, MP3 (or anyone, really) bet and the Button raised, would the play be to fold? And, if MP3 called my raise, I assume I would lead the turn and fold to a raise?

Thanks in advance.

sean c
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
I was reading through old posts and thought this was a good one that nobody responded to. The question that intrests me is if an EP had bet and the button raised what is hero's play in such a large pot? Also does anybody lead this flop vs going for the c/r?

Jeffage
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
You played it perfectly.

Jeff

Jeffage
03-10-2005, 01:21 PM
The play would then be to fold. You're playing this hand out of the blind b/c it's multiway, not really trying to flop a king. If you do, it's tricky. Thus, his play out of position is to check and evaluate the action. If there is a bet and a few calls, his king must be no good and he folds. If it's checked to an LP player, he must raise b/c there is a chance his hand is good and he wants to get it headsup. Particularly in this hand, the button will likely bet since he raised pre...you want to confront those in the middle with two bets. But the reason you play the K5s is bc you will play it well...if you're gonna get trapped with it, you don't play well enough to make the call.

Jeff

Fat Nicky
03-10-2005, 01:24 PM
exactly how I would play it. top pair, weak kicker in EP facing a large field, checking is the correct play to observe what develops. Since, nothing much happened, raising was correct..

Fat Nicky
03-10-2005, 01:24 PM
i also like the pre-flop call in the BB although some others here might not.

Entity
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
This hand is el standardo. Nice hand.

Rob

Fat Nicky
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Calling two bets on the flop would suck, your top pair is likely outkicked and you don't have the odds draw to pair your kicker or draw to your backdoor flush.

sean c
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The play would then be to fold. You're playing this hand out of the blind b/c it's multiway, not really trying to flop a king. If you do, it's tricky. Thus, his play out of position is to check and evaluate the action. If there is a bet and a few calls, his king must be no good and he folds. If it's checked to an LP player, he must raise b/c there is a chance his hand is good and he wants to get it headsup. Particularly in this hand, the button will likely bet since he raised pre...you want to confront those in the middle with two bets. But the reason you play the K5s is bc you will play it well...if you're gonna get trapped with it, you don't play well enough to make the call.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Great reply Jeff thanks