PDA

View Full Version : Fold this turn?

NAU_Player
03-09-2005, 02:57 AM
First hand of a 2 table 10+1 SnG

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)
CO (t1000)
Button (t1000)
SB (t1000)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t55</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t55, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t172.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, CO calls t100, BB calls t100.

Turn: (t472.50) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t345</font>, CO raises [t845] , BB folds, Hero...

Do I call here, hoping he's overplaying AQ or AJ, or fold assuming he has AT or some other 2 pair?

Seems like a pretty standard fold this early in a tournament, and since there are no reads. Right?

Also, how's my line? too agressive? not enough?

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtains
03-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Id just gamble and count on the PartyPoker idiot factor to come through (especially given that this is a $11 tournament), the pot odds are too appealing. Also if you plan to fold to a raise, bet less on the turn.

250 should do the trick, and it should be ensure that those drawing aren't getting proper odds to call, yet allow you to fold without losing too much if this is your plan.

The Yugoslavian
03-09-2005, 03:04 AM
I don't like putting so many of my chips in and not be willing to go to the felt with my hand. FWIW I think you should be willing to go to the felt here with your hand on the turn.

Preflop:
You can raise less here.

Postflop:
You can check/call here for value. Betting is good too I guess since weaker aces will call you as well as mid to low pair.

Turn:
The pot is now big enough that you almost have to bet. I guess your bet amount is good. The problem is what to do if your opponent comes over the top of you. At the 2TT $11 level buyin I'd think you should be willing to go to the felt with this hand on this board. Otherwise you're hemmoraging too many chips (which you may be doing anyway here).

Yugoslav
The system is down...
The system is down...
The system is down...

NAU_Player
03-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the input, especially on the turn bet.
I decided to gambol and sure enough he had AT sooooted. oh well /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The system is down...
The system is down...
The system is down...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cheat... is GROUNDED!

Vee Quiva
03-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Some of the best advice I ever got in Sit-n-gos is to do your best to keep the pots small in the first 3 levels. This keeps you from having to make decisions for your whole stack.

Therefore you may consider only calling with Ace King offsuit under the gun.

Once you have two callers on the flop for that sized bet, I am going into check call mode. In this case you will still lose, but you probably lose a lot less. Your problem is that you have a good (not great) hand out of position.

Please realize that later on in the tournament I am putting all my chips in with this hand as you need to be more aggressive once the blinds reach level 4 and above.