PDA

View Full Version : KQs vs. 2 cold callers and a turn raise

jacki
03-09-2005, 01:56 AM
First orbit, no reads, other than the fact that i got 2 cold calls.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls. <font color="blue"> call ok here, or just desperate? </font>

River: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> <font color="blue"> I'm interested to see how people feel about this bet. I thought it kicked ass when i did it, put in retrospect maybe it was foolish.</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

MisterKing
03-09-2005, 02:30 AM
No VP$IP or anything for the villian? Get some data-mining tools, man!

At any rate, I doubt villian has either straight on the turn -- sure, there are plenty of "any two sooters" out there in 2/4, but even then 53s and 85s seem relatively remote. Sets seem possible here, given the fish popularion's undying love of chasing with small pairs to the bitter end. Could be he paired up with a draw, or, whap -- it hits me, two paired 6's and 7's. Maybe sooted in clubs or something, maybe not.

Counter-intuitive as it may seem, I think you need to become a calling station once he raises the turn, if you think him to be a typical party clown. If you think he's better than that, then the call is tougher, but I think getting 2:8.75 (before rake) on a combined turn/river call isn't horrible here with TPGK on 4th street.

As for the river, I wouldn't do it. Reserve the fancy-schmancy stuff for when you know something about your opponent. A simple check-call will do here. I think there's no question that you definitely want to here.

chesspain
03-09-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm having trouble seeing what worse hands that raised the turn will call down here. And I don't think any better hand is folding to my river bet on this scary card, since any better hand (except KK) will not be afraid of this ace. However, I don't like betting and folding to a raise against an unknown.

Consequently, I would check, and probably make the crying call.

jacki
03-09-2005, 11:16 AM
He folded to my river bet and said "nice river"
I said it didn't help.
He said yes it did, and claimed to have KK.

Which is just about the only hand he could have had to make my bet worthwhile.