PDA

View Full Version : Turn action

Nick709
03-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I thought betting the turn was best because I just picked up the flush dtaw to go with my huge wrap. I would like to hear opinions on the best action, my opponent will probably bet if checked to.

Party Poker 10/20 Omaha/8 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps $40 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River played itself.

bugstud
03-09-2005, 02:56 AM
If he bets when checked to, c/r

Buzz
03-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Nick -
2nd betting round: The odds against making your hand on the turn are 29 to 16, or 1.8 to 1. Since UTG has folded, you're getting 2 to 1 fresh money odds for your bet, plus implied fresh money odds. At first glance it looks very good for you.

However high straights are notorious for getting tied by an opponent. Not as bad as ace-deuce for low, but enough so that you need to consider the possibility. And if MP goes all-in, you won't get paid off if you do make your draw, thus decreasing your implied pot odds. I think you should bet - but then when you get raised, I think you should back off and just call.

3rd betting round: You pick up an additional six outs for the club draw, but none of them are very good and the ones that pair the board are bad. In addition, your aces and sevens are decreased to outs for only half the pot. I would count the clubs that pair the board as unfavorable cards, so that there are more cards on the river you don't like than cards you like, and there are more cards you like that are for half (or perhaps a quarter) of the pot than for all (or perhaps half or a third) of the pot. Since MP is all-in, and since the pot is so huge that BB cannot be realistically expected to fold to a bet, I think a check/call is your best move.

Just my opinion.

Buzz