PDA

View Full Version : SB completion

Emmitt2222
03-09-2005, 01:51 AM
I was just wondering what people complete in the sb with. I completed a few times with hands like J9o and Q8o but was then told that this was completely dumb so I stopped. If you can complete with any two suited, then why is it so wrong to complete with some slightly better offsuit cards? Because you are first to act and will be dominated often? But I don't view this as the concern because I am looking to flop two pair or better when I play these hands for the most part and [forgive me for knowing so little about math] isn't that just as likely as flopping a flush/draw. Is J10 the cutoff for offsuit hands from the sb or can I expand more? Assume a 1/2 blind structure.

Emmitt2222
03-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Um, anyone? sb completion standards with offsuit hands? anyone?

I thought this was a pretty important thing, but obviously...

tetonpete
03-09-2005, 02:20 AM
in a loose passive game with a lot of poor players those are fine, i think...i don't autocomplete with any too suited, though. 72suited is worth much unles there a lot of limpers.
i play mostly 3-6, so my standards are a lot higher than that though..in fact, i'm not really much of authority on complete the sb in this structure.

but you did get a reply /images/graemlins/tongue.gif