PDA

View Full Version : getting c/r on paired turn with TP

dark_horse
03-09-2005, 01:44 AM
man, was i close to laying this down. thought a while before deciding to call down. no read on villian, new to table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

tmoore44
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I call this down too. In the long run it may be worth the 1 BB to be able to add to your notes, 'bets/raises on scare cards with nothing'.

riffraff
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
May want to fold this pre-flop or raise. 2 Limpers suggest your AT is the best hand (depending on the players) and you want to limit the field. Would also make your post-flop play easier here.

Sounds like you won.

gvibes
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
May want to fold this pre-flop or raise. 2 Limpers suggest your AT is the best hand (depending on the players) and you want to limit the field. Would also make your post-flop play easier here.

Sounds like you won.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If the limpers are generally loose, I may raise this preflop (in order to fold the blinds and buy the button). If they are tight, I may fold.

I may fold this turn against some opponents, but my default play is to call it down.

EDIT: Actually, I call this down everytime. I really doubt that BB bets the flop into a field of that size with only a five. I suppose two pair is a possibility, but I think that's seeing monsters. If another player had C/R'ed the turn, then you would be more likely to fold, but as I said, I call this down against an unknown.

Isura
03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I find this a very common situation HU at 1/2 (ie getting check-raised HU). I think reads are really important in this spot, I'm folding against some, calling against others, and 3-betting the lags. But I think AT is the lowest hand I call down with as a default play (I fold A9 and any worst hand).

dark_horse
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Villian had A9o. I suppose he didn't believe I had an ace, or thought I had AT or AJ and thought I was capable of laying down to a scare card. Dumb players in the BB often bet out with any small flopped pair.

Dead
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I think BB has 65.