PDA

View Full Version : Flop top pair + flush draw from the BB in Party $215

b0000000000m
03-09-2005, 01:35 AM
What's your plan for the flop, and on? My notes tell me both players are pretty amateur, with about 25-27% ITM for each. How does your play change for two solid opponents?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1690)
Button (t2185)
SB (t1205)
Hero (t1225)
UTG (t2075)
MP (t1620)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t105) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ??

lorinda
03-09-2005, 01:37 AM
My plan is to get my chips in on the flop. If I fail to do this (by trap checking, or some other means) then I proceed incredibly carefully with my top pair, no kicker.

I don't play the 200s, so am not sure as to the best course of action to get my chips in, but I want them in.

Lori

TheUsher
03-09-2005, 01:49 AM
I'd love this flop if my 2 was a 9,T,Q,K,A. Other than that it's still way too early to go broke.

Edit: But I'd still be willing to probably lose half my stack or so to this if it came down to it.

curtains
03-09-2005, 02:39 AM
I usually just bet out on this flop. However it's hard to say what is right and what's wrong here. There are so many factors to take into account.

Seadood228
03-09-2005, 03:19 AM
This is a tough level to go for a checkraise IMO, because you can be setting yourself up for a difficult turn decision if you don't improve. It'd be a lot easier to check this hand on level 3 IMO.

I don't think there's anything wrong with check/calling this flop, and possibly playing the rest of the hand as such, but I personally would prefer make a nice sized lead.

If I'm raised, I'd definitely assume I'm behind and, depending on the pot odds, decide whether or not to continue.

Yeah it's weak /images/graemlins/smile.gif But level 2 is way too early to go broke, even with a big hand/draw. Especially against a poor player who would probably call a bet/raise/push with a hand such as JT or QJ.

[EDIT] Oh and against a solid opponent I'd be much more willing to get the chips in, or at least go for a checkraise. You've got a better chance of winning the pot with a nice sized semibluff against that type of player.

Vee Quiva
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM
The pot is only 105. He has over 1000 chips left. There is no reason to push all in here.

I think checking or a 1/2 sized pot bet work well either way.

If you check and then call a reasonable bet, it looks like you are playing the flush draw, so your action might dry up when the third diamond comes.

If you lead out, you are representing a made had with the Jacks and you might get a lower flush draw to make the call. If the diamond comes you may win a lot of chips. The downside is the other player may have called with a suited Ace or King and then you are up the creek.