PDA

View Full Version : Butchering two kings HU

rmarotti
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Not sure if this should go in HUSH instead, yell at me if it should.

Villain had plain vanilla stats 30/10/1.5ish(iirc) and was capable of stealing in this position.

I was trying to explore a more subtle way to play a big PP heads up as I have seen better posters than myself advocate in the past. How bad did I screw this one up?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Bleh! This flop sucks. Unless he doesn't have that Ace. . . I decide to call and let him sweat it when I pop him regardless of the turn card. Looking over this I think I may have missed bets here. . .

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Villain checks fouling up my swiss watch of a plan to raise him here. I bet and planned to fold to a c/raise. Would that be really bad?

River: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Would it be retarded to raise here? I have a feeling everything else I did in this hand was short-bus to the max. This may have been the only street I didn't drool on.

Comments all over appreciated.

MarkD
03-09-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't like the pre-flop play. You should be 3-betting a lot of hands here so your Kings should already be disguised just because of the situation you are in.

Post-flop seems reasonable on every street. It's a tough hand and a tough board. The flop wasn't all that bad for you and I would be contemplating raising the turn or simply calling on every street. The fourth spade on the river is shitty but that's poker. Call and expect to win sometimes.

Knoler
03-09-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm no good at this blind defense stuff either, but it is easier when you have KK. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally, I 3-bet this PF. But, I can see calling PF with the intention of raising any flop.

BTW, I actually like this flop a whole lot more than I like any flop with just one ace.

Regards,
-Brian