PDA

View Full Version : Lay it down? Or call it?

Chief911
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Ok, I'm happy with the decision I made here. Want feedback from the forum though.

Pretty basic. Stars rebuy, my image is so so. I've only shown down quality hands, but have been opening frequently and taking down pots uncontested.

Blinds are 200/400 with ante. I have 27k. I raise from LP with TT. Button goes allin for 17k. Huh? He has been VERY tight so far. EP limper calls 8k allin (Very loose, could have anything).

To me this was an easy fold, simply because the button has a very small range of hands he could do this with, including AA, KK, QQ, AK, and possibly AQ. I also included JJ and 99 because of the overbet.

Is my thinking correct here?

Nick

b0000000000m
03-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Yes, easy fold. Unless your open-raise was like to T14K. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I do wonder at what point it becomes correct to call here. That is, how large an open-raise you'd have to have made to make calling the rest of the 17K correct.

Shilly
03-09-2005, 01:41 AM
What did you raise to?

Also, I would be worried about the EP limper--if he has the capacity to limp/re-raise with AA (or in this case, limp/push). This coupled with the fact he still has a 20BB stack is worrisome.

I don't think you can call here, especially if you feel you might be in a marginal position in a sidepot with the button.

adanthar
03-09-2005, 01:43 AM
You raised to 1200 and he went all in for 17K?

I probably fold out of sheer WTF-dom and the EP call but I don't put him on what you put him on. I think it's more like QQ-88 (probably closer to JJ-88), AK-AQs.

wjmooner
03-09-2005, 02:10 AM
easy fold. the original push is usually a hand you are ahead of (AK, 88-JJ) but the overcall in means you are probably beat, at best racing. Of course, the probably tabled 88 and 99, but that's how it goes sometimes.

WJ

ShortBus
03-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Just given your read on your opponent makes this an easy fold. What would he reraise that much with? If he has an under pair, well it happens, but I think it's best to let the hand go as you did.

Potowame
03-09-2005, 02:14 AM
WTF he took the HOH squeez play alittle far, but it sure and the heck would have worked on me.

You can find better spots , since it seems he may be alittle tilty with that raise /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

03-09-2005, 04:07 AM
so, the 17k guy showed you 99 huh? You know you can't call here Nick, you're just being results oriented.

Gavin

Bataglin
03-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Easy laydown.

CardSharpCook
03-09-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm not ready to put 2/3rds of my chips on the line for what is likely a slight edge on a coin flip. However..... The EP limper offers an opportunity. The pusher, I worry about QQ or JJ, the limper, I worry about AA, KK. But I expect to see something delicious like AQ and 33. Or maybe even AK and AQ - oooo, that would be nice. So it is 15800 to you with a pot of 27000. I think your odds of winning this hand are 40%. Two over cards and an underpair. If this were a pot odds situation, I call, but this is a tourney.... Now, would it really be so terrible to be at 10K chips? 4 things can happen, you beat the original pusher but lose to the limper, you make a little money, end up with 28K. You lose to the original pusher, you've got 10K. You fold, you have 26K. You call and beat both, you have 53K. You know, I really don't mind having 25BB. I call this. I don't think you are dominated here, I really don't. I have a great deal of trouble seeing AA, KK playing like this. QQ, JJ... again, I worry about it, but that is why God made 4 card flush boards.

OK, I know I'm gonna take heat for this line, esp. considering my big victory a few sundays ago. But look, can we all agree that this is a good pot odds sit? Or are we too worried about JJ-AA? Also, I really don't mind having to play from a mid-sized stack. I really don't mind losing chips. In the end, they are all gonna be in my pile anyway, right? So why not start taking them when the pot odds are there? Why not knock out 2 more players? Also, think of what you gain here... You become table chip leader if not tourney chip leader by a wide margin. No one beat can knock you out. To me, that IS worth a good deal. You are bad-beat-proofed.

One last thing. I may actually fold this, I don't know, but I do often think this way, and many days, I do call this.

CSC

Chief911
03-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Eh. He showed down AK vs. the other guys 44. I was surprised he made the move with AK.

So then he opens up quite a bit. I make a donkified move and push over his raise with JJ about 3 orbits later, he shows me AA, and IGHN. I'm a moron. Maybe the lime is seeping into my head from my helmet.

Nick

woodguy
03-09-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the lime is seeping into my head from my helmet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lime?

I always thought is was a honeydew melon.

Regards,
Woodguy

CardSharpCook
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I think this opens up a good question. Based on those chip stacks, had you known it was AK and 44, do you call? You all know my response, what is yours?

CSC