PDA

View Full Version : last minute cheap airfare....

whiskeytown
03-09-2005, 12:36 AM
trying to figure out the last minute cheap airfare thingy...

I know that sometimes, if a plane is half full and you want to take a flight at the last minute, you can usually get a cheap tkt. In fact, I thought I heard about an airline that occasionally sold "mystery tickets" for 79 bucks that you'd be able to take a getaway to a fast location for a couple days - if they don't sell, the seats are empty.

but trying to find anything last minute, even on empty planes, seems to be twice as expensive as doing it weeks in advance - any ideas as to where to go to get bargain airfare at last minute...

keep in mind, sometimes destination is irrelevant. I just need to get the hell out of here sometimes.

RB

TStoneMBD
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
expedia seems like your best bet. ive been trying to find something like what youre looking for and have had no luck. if you do find a cheap last minute service please pm me the details. i too need to get out of here sometimes.

Randy_Refeld
03-09-2005, 12:55 AM
I have found cheap last mniute fares. What I haven't been able to find is a service that will let you search by price not destination.

BoxTree
03-09-2005, 12:57 AM
www.jetblue.com (http://www.jetblue.com)

Cross-country tomorrow for $119.00. Sweet.

sthief09
03-09-2005, 01:31 AM
orbitz, jetblue, expedia. jet blue has some random cheap tickets. I found a one way ticket to Vegas for $84 a week before I wanted to fly. northwest (not southwest) has some good fares too

jason_t
03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Jetblue. And their cancellation/date change policy is fantastic. They are a joy to fly.

MortalNuts
03-09-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have found cheap last mniute fares. What I haven't been able to find is a service that will let you search by price not destination.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're far from perfect, but Travelocity's "dream maps" are sort of like this. You enter the departure city, and they show you a bunch of cities you can fly to for less than a threshold amount (which you set).

An example (from DEN): dream map from denver (http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap.ctl?SEQ=111034874362043403092005&LANG=EN) .

Alternatively, from the Travelocity main page hit "more search options," and the dream maps link will show up somewhere.

later,

mn