PDA

View Full Version : Are COPAG cards as durable and nice as KEM cards?

FrankieFish
03-09-2005, 12:34 AM
I really like the COPAG designs on the back but I don't like the "font" that the letters and numbers use. Are there any other manufacturers out there that make KEM quality cards? (I'd just buy KEMs but they are hard to find)

cyorg
03-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Buy Gemaco cards. I think they are better than Kem. go to
flaming frog poker (http://www.flamingfrogpoker.com)
they cost a little more, but they are not as thin as Kem

FrankieFish
03-09-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy Gemaco cards. I think they are better than Kem. go to
flaming frog poker (http://www.flamingfrogpoker.com)
they cost a little more, but they are not as thin as Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

The robo-British salesman at that site is awesome.

hachkc
03-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Dal Negro cards have been getting some good reviews lately. Check out Home Poker Tourney (http://www.homepokertourney.com), they have reviews and pictures on just about all of the plastic playing cards available.

msb
03-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I just ordered the Gemacos from them.

The web site is very nice and proffessional looking, but here's a line on the web site that makes you think this is a one-man operation:

<font color="red">We will be closed March 4th-13th. Orders placed today will be SHIPPED ON MARCH 14TH. Thanks!
</font>
/images/graemlins/blush.gif

niagarapoker
03-09-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
here's a line on the web site that makes you think this is a one-man operation:

<font color="red">We will be closed March 4th-13th. Orders placed today will be SHIPPED ON MARCH 14TH. Thanks!
</font>
/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez... I've been wondering what to do with my site when I go away next month. Perhaps I'll try that! LOL

Anyway, being a one man operation doesn't make it a bad thing. It definitely reduces the number of screw-ups when you don't have to rely on other people to get things done - people who don't have a vested interest in the company.

msb
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM
No... I wasn't trying to imply that there is anything wrong with being a one-man operation at all!

One of the things I love about the internet is the ability to set up a store front with very little capital expenditure and give the impression that you are a serious business. This is great for capitalism!

I was just pointing it out for fun, really (I did order cards from them). If I was trying to look like a "player", though, I might want to reword that... perhaps:

<font color="blue">"We are moving to a new location on March 4th and due to the extensive effort in relocating to a new, bigger facility, we won't be able to begin our shipping operation until March 14th.

We appologize for the inconvenience and to make up for it, anybody that places an order during that time will receive a free cut-card." </font>

niagarapoker
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Ohhhh
Maybe I should try something like that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wingsfan
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
If you don't work there already, you should go into marketing.

ky70
03-09-2005, 11:43 AM
I've had my copags for about 3 months (I think) and they still feel, look and play great...I personally vouch for the bridge size (larger index) Copag styled** Copag cards (and they look damn good too).

** There is a particular deck called Copag style

Lottery Larry
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, they only have to be about 60% as durable to make them worth the money.