PDA

View Full Version : MY first B&M games (low content)

vulturesrow
03-09-2005, 12:32 AM
I spent the past three weeks in the Reno area, Fallon, NV to be exact. I managed to make it to the card rooms a few times. Just wanted to throw a quick trip report at you guys, since I spend most of my 2+2 time here and politics.

First night I go to the Nugget in Reno and jump into a 3/6 game. I am not really banked for this, since I just made it to a big enough roll for 1/2 online. Nonetheless, I figure 1 session will be a good learning experience. I am pretty cold decked for a while, but manage to a win a couple decent pots, am about 5-6 BB up after a couple hours. I find myself on the button with 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif . After a metric ass ton of limpers I throw in my 2 bucks and the flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and some unimportant 3rd card. Turn comes 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif and by this point we are down to just my buddy (mediocre card player but good guy). I bet, he calls, Im loving the freeroll. 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits the river and I bet, my buddy raises, I reraise and he calls. I take down a pretty large pot and get a bonus hand award of 156 dollars. A couple minutes later I take a nice pot where I had ATo and flopped trip aces and the gentleman across from me was kind enough to get into a raising war with me on the flop and then call me down to the river, proclaiming the whole way there is no way I have an Ace. Anyhow, this hand ( I ended up with Aces full by the river after theboard paired again) got me a spin on a prize wheel, on which I hit the best prize, 50 dollars cash.

So that was a good night. Then I make it to the El Dorado a few nights later, pony up to a 3/6 game. Make a long story short, I lose 100, mostly due to two hands where I got rivered like you read about and one pot where I made a really bad fold , one that Ed Miller and all of you would likely castrate me for. Its so embarassing that I Am not even going to tell you what it was I did. LEsson learned about playing when tired though.

Next session is over at the Hilton, where I find a 2/4 game. Nothing remarkable to report, very cold decked and I end up 80 down there.

So after this I start thinking about money mangagement. I had been playing off my first night winnings, so I hadnt touched my roll yet. But then I started thinking about how I wasnt being very disciplined with my money, playing in games that I could certainly beat, but without the proper bankroll. I didnt visit any more poker rooms while there. Now this might not seem a big a deal to some of you, but it was a valuable lesson learned, and cheaply to boot. Anyhow, good to be back and hopefully by my next trip out to Reno I'll be more adequately bankrolled and will have some good tales for all my microlimit peers.