PDA

View Full Version : Who folds this?

ThePenguin
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Running extrememly badly today and my confidence is wavering. Was this an easy fold? Am I out of line raising pre-flop?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB

Wada
03-09-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this an easy fold? Am I out of line raising pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - small pot, I would just let it go. Although I could see betting the turn and fold to a raise.

and Yes I would say you would be out of line raising this pre-flop.

Harv72b
03-09-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But it would've been an easy bet/fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I out of line raising pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

If you even considered raising this preflop at the time of the hand, you shouldn't have been playing. There's no shame in taking a break if the cards aren't falling your way.

ThePenguin
03-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the advice Harv. You're right

PokerBob
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Running extrememly badly today and my confidence is wavering. Was this an easy fold? Am I out of line raising pre-flop?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

This pot is tiny, and you are going to be putting in 2 more BB's. Good fold.

As far as PF, I think a raise depends on what you know of your opponents.

Jake (The Snake)
03-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Yep, no reason to slowdown here.

Harv, do you think it is an *easy* fold against an agressive player or one who might bluff somewhat often in this spot?

Fnord
03-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Don't raise pre-flop without a read. Our opponents call too much, so it's probably more profitable to look at a flop and value bet them to death when you hit as a typical Party player will make all sorts of horrible calls in an unraised pot. Also consider that being out of position, you could easily trap yourself by blindly firing into a pot where you're drawing really thin.

I like the turn check/fold. The pot just isn't worth it. I think I would like my 2pr too much to make this fold in realtime.

Harv72b
03-09-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Harv, do you think it is an *easy* fold against an agressive player or one who might bluff somewhat often in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean if you bet out &amp; are raised? Tough to say...if UTG+1 folds to your bet &amp; Button raises (and Button is aggressive enough to raise without a spade), it gets tricky. But getting only 7:2 to call down, I don't think it's worth catching his bluff, if it is one.

Jake (The Snake)
03-09-2005, 01:06 AM
yeah that is what I meant.

You also have to remember that you are going to hit a full house 1/11 of the time and will likely be payed off nicely.
I tend to agree that 7:2 isn't enough, but I'm not sure... I think that since it's probably close anyway, folding wouldn't be a huge mistake either way and would be easier.

ThePenguin
03-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Habitually i would have bet out the turn, and half the time call, the other half fold to a raise. I thought i was quick to fold because I've been drawn out on so many times during this session. I didn't have any reads on the opponent but the table was pretty tight as a whole.

tetonpete
03-09-2005, 01:39 AM
if the table is tight, the ep limper will typically have a better hand than K9 offsuit. fold preflop.