PDA

View Full Version : 77 early in an 11

dfscott
03-09-2005, 12:01 AM
I broke the "no set, no bet" rule here and got into uncharted territory. But with position, I felt like it was worth playing. Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1245)
Hero (t775)
SB (t770)
BB (t740)
UTG (t815)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t600)
MP2 (t775)
MP3 (t1480)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t15, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t70) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t50</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls t50.

Turn: (t170) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (t170) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero ...

I left out the final river action to keep from giving away the result, so feel free to comment what you'd do on the river as well.

curtains
03-09-2005, 02:22 AM
It's definitely reasonable to bet the flop here. I would check the river.

dfscott
03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's definitely reasonable to bet the flop here. I would check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good -- I was afraid not betting the river was weak, but I felt like this was one of those situations where I wouldn't know what to do if I was raised.

Villain showed A2o and MHIG.

shoeman
03-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I hate giving advice to somebody who has so many more posts that I do but here it goes anyway.

I think you played the hand fine on the flop and turn and I would check the river. Chances are you are only getting called by hands that have you beat.

dfscott
03-09-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate giving advice to somebody who has so many more posts that I do but here it goes anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

More posts != more knowledgeable

I've been playing limit for the past year and am a newbie as far as SnGs go.

Thanks for the feedback.

cha59
03-09-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you played the hand fine on the flop and turn and I would check the river. Chances are you are only getting called by hands that have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

kevstreet
03-09-2005, 01:17 PM
"MHIG" Sorry can't figure this one out (mucked hand?)

Allinlife
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
haha MHIG comes from limit board /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

it means My hand is good /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cha59
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I think its "my hand is good".
It normally takes me a while to figure out some of the abbreviations used here too.

rickr
03-09-2005, 01:31 PM
My opinion, for what it's worth. This early raising to steal preflop is a waste, so limping is fine. No reason on this flop to think you are behind, so betting is good. I've found any top pair or set would reraise you here because of the straight draw, so I wouldn't give the free card on the turn. I would have half pot bet the turn as well. If that was flat called, I would have checked the river. Very few are going to slowplay that board, but this early I wouldn't mind checking to eliminate the bluff. Think about what hands have you beat. Any larger pockets had to worry about the straight draw, so they probably are going to raise you on the flop. top pair is probably going to bet or check raise the flop, no matter what the kicker. I would assume my hand was good here until proven otherwise.

Later,
Rick