PDA

View Full Version : Marginal pot odds Calculations

ZeroMan
03-08-2005, 11:23 PM
During an online 0.25/0.50 NL ring game the following situation occurs:

villian is at the table and is on tilt, bluffing and pushing all in regularily ex..., and a hand comes up where i get QQ and another person behind me raises....the villian reraises and i of course rereraise. the person behind me then agian raises and the villian raises again, so i cold call the bet hoping now to see a flop...fearing AA or KK from the player behind.

the thing is the player behind then pushes in and the villain callls, so i reraise all in and form a side pot with the villian, not a particularily great side pot.

my question is, upon figuring out if i made a correct call of the allin i would like to know if when calculating the pot odds for the all in...do i ratio the amount i have to call to the amount in the pot, or do i ratio the total amount i have and will put in compared to the remainder in the pot?

this is because the player behind me had AA and i was quite a big dog....but i can work it out so that at the time that the player pushed in i was getting correct odds at that point to call (with the bets i had allready put in included in the pot)...if not it was a negative play.

Is my thinking correct here?