PDA

View Full Version : check raised when I river 2-pair

citizenkn
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone 3-bet this river?

Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls (loose, bad player), everyone folds to Hero, who raises. BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets. BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

River K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero?????

Super Pro
03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
calls.

tetonpete
03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
3 bets

Argus
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bets

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. He has 3 pair with K5s.

Demana
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec. If Villian thinks Hero has an Ace, what does villian need to check/raise Hero with? With the two 2s on the board, Hero has a better two pair than K5s.

Villian needs trip 2s, maybe a set of fives, or a horridly played KK.

I suppose some crazy party player may try to bluff here with an ace in their hand thinking that Hero's kicker just got counterfieted, but does that happen often enough to justify a 3-bet?

I don't see the 3-bet as a value bet either.

Seems a bit chip spewy to me...

jt1
03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
i'd just call.

tetonpete
03-09-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls (loose, bad player),
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Argus
03-09-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec. If Villian thinks Hero has an Ace, what does villian need to check/raise Hero with? With the two 2s on the board, Hero has a better two pair than K5s.

Villian needs trip 2s, maybe a set of fives, or a horridly played KK.

I suppose some crazy party player may try to bluff here with an ace in their hand thinking that Hero's kicker just got counterfieted, but does that happen often enough to justify a 3-bet?

I don't see the 3-bet as a value bet either.

Seems a bit chip spewy to me...

[/ QUOTE ]
The key is in your description of Villain as loose and bad. I've seen plenty of opponents make this mistake. In fact, I faced it probably 8-10 times last night alone. That's a lot of times considering most of my night was playing live instead of multitabling. I checked through several rivers where I thought, "What will he call with that I beat?" instead of thinking, "This fellow is an ATM, bet again because he calls with losing hands". I also would forget to raise the river with hands like bottom two pair, or TPGK against certain villains. I left around 6-8 bets on the table in situations like these last night.

Against a thinking player I call the raise while telling everyone I folded if it turns out I lost. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

psyduck
03-10-2005, 01:00 AM
if the villain has KK, it was horribly misplayed preflop, but I'm not sure about how the villain played the rest of the hand (wasn't it okay play by villain postflop?)

you have to 3bet in this situation, can't give him credit for trips or a set because of his preflop and turn play (i.e. he didn't raise turn, which is expected if he makes trips).

correct me if I'm wrong??? many times you'll get shown something like K5 or something. HOWEVER, if the villian is usually very passive, then you should call instead of 3 bet.

chief444
03-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I couldn't even count on all my fingers the times I've seen a loose, bad player come to life with 3-pair thinking his two are good when they're obviously not.

Anyway, this one seems close. It seems likely to me that he has Ax and your hand is good. I'd probably 3-bet.