PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Party response to observer chat

soah
03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I told Party that they should block observer chat at the 1000 tables like the other sites do, due to all the railbirds commenting on the hand while it is in progress (not to mention begging for money, etc).

---

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com

We agree with your suggestion of "Blocking Chat" on high stake tables. The same
has already been forwarded to the concerned department. There is a Special Team
working on it and soon you should be able to notice the changes.

We thank you for your continued patronage and support.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your
account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Murali Krishna
Investigations Team

Yeti
03-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Nice work!

It's been getting ridiculous.

TheWorstPlayer
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
You guys are aware that by right-clicking on the chat screen, you can turn it off for yourself, right?

Yeti
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I really, really didn't know this.

Thanks.

soah
03-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I know that. But when I make a semi-bluff I sure as hell don't want ten dumbasses egging on my opponent to go all-in. Sure it will work in my favor sometimes, but that's not the point. People not in the hand should not have any power to affect any of the players' decisions, and I can't force everyone at the table to disable observer chat. Also, I hate it when I can only see half of a conversation that's taking place. That's just as annoying as the observers themselves. I mean... if I make a comment, an observer replies, and then someone at the table replies, I'm going to assume they are replying to me, which can create even bigger problems. But I'm going off on a tangent now, so I'll shut up.

Yeti
03-08-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that. But when I make a semi-bluff I sure as hell don't want ten dumbasses egging on my opponent to go all-in. Sure it will work in my favor sometimes, but that's not the point. People not in the hand should not have any power to affect any of the players' decisions, and I can't force everyone at the table to disable observer chat. Also, I hate it when I can only see half of a conversation that's taking place. That's just as annoying as the observers themselves. I mean... if I make a comment, an observer replies, and then someone at the table replies, I'm going to assume they are replying to me, which can create even bigger problems. But I'm going off on a tangent now, so I'll shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do agree with all this, but that tickbox helps a bit. Let's hope they implement it soon anyway.

TheWorstPlayer
03-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Wasn't disagreeing. Was just trying to dispense potentially useful information in case some people weren't aware of it.

warlockjd
03-09-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But when I make a semi-bluff I sure as hell don't want ten dumbasses egging on my opponent to go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me think that if they don't change it, you have to adjust your play to the railbirds, and that I just find funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif