PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to Play

skipperbob
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I've just won my third entry today to a S-5; now, I'm afraid to play....How completely "F'd" up is that?

ZebraAss
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I would be too.

TheUsher
03-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Why not accumulate them and play this weekend/next week when all the bigwigs in Vegas are at the Rio? Games might get softer then as the California regulars might go there too.

trying2learn
03-08-2005, 09:21 PM
you're better off than me...i have two entries to step 4 and i haven't used them...i don't know how long i'll take to play the 5 if i make it on either or both of them.

SuitedSixes
03-08-2005, 09:27 PM
That doesn't seem like the same reckless adventurer that I read about today. Too bad they don't make a "v" for poker!

skipperbob
03-08-2005, 10:31 PM
"Reckless Adventurer" has a better ring than SkipperBob

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've just won my third entry today to a S-5; now, I'm afraid to play....How completely "F'd" up is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

Yugoslav

PktAcesSoWht
03-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I don't know why you would be afraid. I would be pumped at the opportunity to cash in. I can't imagine being afraid to play any game especially for some real coin.

Good luck, and kick some butt.

willie
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
don't play then

if this is your mindset you're gonna be hella weak tight.

it's just a regular sit and go, you've played a TON of them, don't let people who are "good" dictate the way you play your game

**in my step 5 i didn't win 1 pot though, card dead, then flopped trips lost to a running flush...WOOT.

so what do i know /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AA suited
03-09-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you've played several step 5's before??? if so, why are you afraid to play now?

Scuba Chuck
03-09-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad they don't make a "v" for poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

That line is just too sweet.

The Student
03-09-2005, 03:33 AM
I waited about a week to play my first one when I won it. spent a lot of time tracking tables downloading observed hands into PT and see who the pros were. my advice - don't sit to the right of gigabet. like someone else already said, you've played plenty of SNGs before, this is just one more.
gl,

ts-

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
To those of you who responded to this post: Thank You!...To close the loop, I was so sideways yesterday that I decided that I just couldn't fade another S-5 OOTM, so I banked it until this A.M...."CP" has previously advised me that the best time for me to play is early because it's obvious that my mind fogs as the day matures...So;4:30AM(PST) I'm at the computer, a warmup bubble-finish in a $100SnG, 2 cups o'joe,ready to rumble....Play 57 hands of the best poker I can...Go Broke w/KK in BB against pushing button w/J-T /images/graemlins/mad.gif