PDA

View Full Version : A River bet/fold

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Third hand at table so readless.

Is the river bet even correct? What if the river is a king? Is the fold good? Turn check?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I would bet the turn and check the river if I dont improve.

I think your river bet is fine, but I would have paid off. (I would be even more inclined to bet a King.)

What are you putting the SB on?

private joker
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm not crazy about it. 9.75:1 on this call, and I think you're good at least 10% of the time. I really think if SB had a hand (2 pair, a flush), he would bet the river. Why risk it checking through, if the turn checked through? I've seen a lot of checkraise river bluffs at 2/4, so given the pot size I would call this once MP3 folded.

FrankieFish
03-08-2005, 08:57 PM
SB could have made that play with any pair after that weak turn action. You think you're the loser here 9 out of 10 times? That's what your fold says.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not crazy about it. 9.75:1 on this call, and I think you're good at least 10% of the time. I really think if SB had a hand (2 pair, a flush), he would bet the river. Why risk it checking through, if the turn checked through? I've seen a lot of checkraise river bluffs at 2/4, so given the pot size I would call this once MP3 folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think if he had the flush, or hit two pair, that the river A/images/graemlins/spade.gif was a good card for him to attempt a check/raise?

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I think more often than him thinking the Ace would be a good card to check-raise, he will be thinking that since the turn got checked through he'd better bet, and that the Ace might give him a chance to 3-bet.

private joker
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You don't think if he had the flush, or hit two pair, that the river A/images/graemlins/spade.gif was a good card for him to attempt a check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I would play KQ like this as well as AK -- raise PF, bet the flop, and check down unimproved if I get callers. Anyway, I'm not saying you'll win most of the time. I'm just saying you'll win at least 10% of the time, and maybe 20. I would call.

applej25
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
IMO this is a terrible fold. If he is attempting a check-raise again after the turn was checked through than more power to him, but I'm not laying this down for one more bet. Espescially without a read. I think there is a pretty decent chance he makes this play with A10-AK.