PDA

View Full Version : gdogtlaw21 is a cheater in the $1K PL Party games

Philuva
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I know a lot of posters play this game so I thought people should know.

He bet out on the river $150 into a $390 pot. I had the nut flush which I made on the river. He had the nut straight that he made on the turn. He had about $450 left. I raised his remaining $450 and he disconnected so he did not have to call his remaining $450.

I reported this to Party Poker but I thought others should know as well if you see him at your table.

Regards,
Phil

Richie Rich
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. Especially at Party Poker. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kemystery
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I have never seen or heard of that before either, especially not in the 30 game or sngs.

Voltron87
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
That's not cheating... am I missing something?

JupiterUWG
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
it is if he did it on purpose...it is quite illegal to do so, i had an incident when someone did it to me on stars and i reported it as well and stars said it was in fact illegal

B Mando
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I dont think its good to make assumptions like this based on one hand were he did this. I will admit it does seem very suspect, but about a week ago my usually very reliable internet skipped or something and I was disconnected during a hand.

Voltron87
03-08-2005, 09:14 PM
!

Philuva
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what disconnect abuse is. My point is the villain did not gain an advantage from disconnecting in this particular case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he did. If I was bluffing or betting a 2 pair hand, he was able to win $650 in the pot. If I had the flush, he did not have to lose an additional $415. Do you see why?

Here is the hand history. The only way my turn call is profitable is if I can get his remaining stack, which I felt I could given my history with him. Feel free to comment on the hand.

***** Hand History for Game 1705862441 *****
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (PL) - Tue Mar 08 18:10:05 EST 2005
Table Table 37355 (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: luckylooser3 ( $200)
Seat 2: ToSmooth21 ( $569.75)
Seat 3: LakersFan32 ( $1185)
Seat 4: gdogtlaw21 ( $752)
Seat 5: KeVMaNiaCV ( $256)
Seat 6: Angel2OO5 ( $504.25)
Seat 7: happy30 ( $2811.75)
Seat 8: dcso500 ( $812.25)
Seat 9: TTBet ( $914)
Seat 10: philuva ( $986)
gdogtlaw21 posts small blind (5)
KeVMaNiaCV posts big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to philuva [ Ah, 2h ]
Angel2OO5 folds.
happy30 folds.
dcso500 folds.
TTBet folds.
philuva calls (10)
ToSmooth21 folds.
LakersFan32 calls (10)
gdogtlaw21 calls (5)
KeVMaNiaCV checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5h, 8c, Ad ]
gdogtlaw21 checks.
KeVMaNiaCV checks.
philuva checks.
LakersFan32 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7h ]
gdogtlaw21 bets (20)
KeVMaNiaCV folds.
philuva raises (60) to 60
LakersFan32 folds.
gdogtlaw21 raises (155) to 175
philuva calls (115)
** Dealing River ** : [ Kh ]
gdogtlaw21 bets (150)
philuva raises (801) to 801
philuva is all-In.
gdogtlaw21 could not respond in time.(disconnected)
gdogtlaw21 Disconnect Protection enabled.
Creating Main Pot with $687 with gdogtlaw21
Creating Side Pot 1 with $651 with philuva
** Summary **
Main Pot: $687 | Side Pot 1: $651 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 5h 8c Ad 7h Kh ]
luckylooser3 balance $200, sits out
ToSmooth21 balance $1000, didn't bet (folded)
LakersFan32 balance $1175, lost $10 (folded)
gdogtlaw21 balance $417, lost $335 [ 6c 9d ] [ a straight, five to nine -- 9d,8c,7h,6c,5h ]
KeVMaNiaCV balance $401, lost $10 (folded)
Angel2OO5 balance $504.25, didn't bet (folded)
happy30 balance $2811.75, didn't bet (folded)
dcso500 balance $812.25, didn't bet (folded)
TTBet balance $914, didn't bet (folded)
philuva balance $1338, bet $986, collected $1338, net +$352 [ Ah 2h ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ah,Kh,7h,5h,2h ]

Wheezl
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
He got to see if his straight was good without having to put any more $ into the pot. Why do you feel that this is not an advantage?

ethan
03-08-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what disconnect abuse is. My point is the villain did not gain an advantage from disconnecting in this particular case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure how you can say this. He had a straight, a scare card came on the river, and he got his hand to showdown live without calling Philuva's river bet. That sure as hell counts as "gaining an advantage".

I'm not sure you do know what disconnect abuse is, because this is about as clear-cut a case of it as you'll ever see.

bogey
03-08-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did, he got to show down his straight instead of calling the additional $450 to show it down

Voltron87
03-08-2005, 09:31 PM
hahaha, I just realized how much of an idiot I am. Ok... nothing to see here... move along. For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold... I blanked for a minute since I haven't played online in a while.

jslag
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
This is most likely cheating. Sometimes, disconnects do happen though, even while opponents are put to an expensive decision.

When this happens and it looks suspicious, I always report the table name, hand number, and offending party to alerts@partypoker.com. You should also CC alerts@empirepoker.com as the sites share ring games.

Tell them that you find the play highly suspicious. Each time they have responded to me telling me that they will review the opponent's past disconnect history to find similar events. I have had them email me back and tell me they were suspending a person's disconnect protect, so that if it happens again the person's hand is folded.

Keep reporting these types... they will eventually get caught. If a person is reported enough, they will lose their disconnect protection (personally I think their account should be banned).

J.

soah
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Those two email addresses both go to the exact same place.

warlockjd
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its good to make assumptions like this based on one hand were he did this. I will admit it does seem very suspect, but about a week ago my usually very reliable internet skipped or something and I was disconnected during a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The assumption is usually correct. About 75% of the people I report do, in fact, have patterns of disconnecting at crucial times, and their disconnect protection has been removed, Party reports back to me.

In other words, their hand gets folded next time they disconnect.

I strongly urge all players to report every instance of possible abuse and let their Party's 'pattern mappers' look for patterns of abuse.

$DEADSEXE$
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Doesn't party on the higher limit tables have a no-all in protection thingie...i.e. if your diconnected and don't reconnect within the given period of time..your hand is folded.??
always thought they did,but guess not

warlockjd
03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
There is a distinction between disconnecting and timing out.

Timing out (w.o disconnect) is always a fold.

Beerfund
03-09-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is if he did it on purpose...it is quite illegal to do so, i had an incident when someone did it to me on stars and i reported it as well and stars said it was in fact illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hope they called the police. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ethan
03-09-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy. Wouldn't that be nice? (PS has "no-disconnect" tables which I believe behave in the manner you describe.) Party lets anyone cheat anywhere until enough players complain about them.

RevAgain
03-09-2005, 06:12 AM
I did this (reported) recently when someone timed out in a 3 way pot rather than overcall my all-in preflop bet in pot limit omaha and Party's response was that he disconnected as much as could be expected for someone with a bad Internet connection but they would warn him his account was being watched.... in their email though they actually admitted other people had complained about this player disconnecting to gain all-in protection before.

Given that people won't complain every time it happens this seems to be giving the benefit of the doubt far too much.

Rev

DonButtons
03-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Since he bet out and then disconnected, I say he's a cheat.

B/c he got to act on the river, saw his opponenets action, and then disconnected.

If he was first to act, and he disconnected without checking or betting that is usually a internet related problem. But I get my vote that its a cheat.

Komodo
03-09-2005, 07:05 AM
The main problem is partypokers system. Disconnects should be trated as folds and of course not be shown, unless partypoker caused the disconnection.
Komodo

Voltron87
03-09-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I thought a disconnect was treated like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy. Wouldn't that be nice? (PS has "no-disconnect" tables which I believe behave in the manner you describe.) Party lets anyone cheat anywhere until enough players complain about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I got it. I play 99% SNGs where there is no disconnect protect. That is why I got mixed up.

Philuva
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Dear Philip,

We appreciate you taking the time to report situation of alleged Disconnect Protection abuse at partypoker.com.

Starting with the hand that you sent to us, we performed an investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in question "gdogtlaw21".

We have looked into the players records and collected all previous hands in which this player used the protection. Our goal was to look for a pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments.

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection abuse:

* The player's cards at the time of disconnection. * The player's previous action (whether he was betting / raising) and also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
* The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting
* The timing of disconnection
* A players pattern of disconnections Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system

Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications or have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Phani Kumar
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

technologic
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Justice

IgorSmiles
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Justice

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt call that justice. It basically means we all should do the same thing at Party until we get caught as there is no real penalty.

Philuva
03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah I am waiting to hear back from Party, that since they agree with me, they should transfer the $415 from his account to mine. I am not holding my breath.

djoyce003
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
laf yeah that isn't goin to happen....one he didn't bet it...no matter how cheesy it was, he technically didn't call....can't go around robbing people's accounts for something they *might* have done...i agree he's a tool, but no way do they take money out of his account....how would you feel in a similar circumstance on a legitimate disconnect? Want them coming into your account and robbing you?

knifeandfork
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
ni han well played