PDA

View Full Version : Trash in the Big Blind, but it's sooted!

Zoelef
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
No reads to speak of.

I believe I checked the flop because I thought more of my kicker and less of my top pair and 4-flush:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

toss
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I would likely bet out on the flop. I don't get why you bet out the turn for.

istewart
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I would bet the flop and call-down if raised.

PuckNPoker
03-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I would bet out the flop, or check-raise considering how the flop played out. With completing the flush and pairing the 4 probably giving you the best hand you have more than enough outs to bet/check-raise for value.

Zoelef
03-08-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you bet out the turn for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Upon further review, neither do I - the 9 is scary and I failed to realize that, assume that because it was under, that it was okay. I can't afford (RHETORICALLY) to be that foolish at higher limits...

And just for fun, results in the white:
<font color="#FFFFFF">Hero has 4s Ts (one pair, tens).
CO has 9d Ac (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB.
SSHE for the win!</font>

Nick C
03-08-2005, 08:42 PM
I would have led the flop, thinking that against just two opponents, there was a good chance I had the best hand and the best draw.

With a hand as good as a pair + flush draw, I wouldn't really be too upset no matter how my opponents responded. If they both folded, that would be all right (as my made hand isn't that great and is vulnerable). If both called, that would be okay too (with two cards to come and 14 that improve my hand, I'm going to end up with two pair or better a little over half the time). And if I got raised and ended up heads-up with the raiser, that wouldn't be a tragedy either -- my hand could improve to a winner if I'm behind, and the raise wouldn't even necessarily indicate I was behind. (In this 3-way pot that was unraised preflop, the raiser could easily think I have less than top pair.)

Once you check the flop, I think you should checkraise -- especially after SB calls. But I think leading the flop is better.

Shillx
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the flop and call-down if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

With top pair and a flush draw, you should be doing much more then this on the flop. Try to start a war.

Brad