PDA

View Full Version : John Patrick on football

02-18-2002, 04:32 PM
A regular poster suggested John Patrick knew about sports gambling. These Usenet excerpts show he

1) Makes $100 bets,

2) Plays 3-team parlays,

3) Teases college teams and NFL totals,

4) Plays opposite sides at the same line,

5) "Goes against the math".

I have a 3 team $100 ticket on Oakland +2 ...

I have a 3 team $100 ticket on Denver -2 ...

I will win $500 no matter who wins ...

I gave out Oakland and Denver to go over 36 points tonite and ... Hedged on the under 36 and under 43 (teased) to net me $200 if it goes under.

I will go back and tease Virginia Tech

parlays and teasers ... horse races, Roulette Video Poker and so called high vig games ... goes against the math but it is possible to ... come out ahead, even in situations that don't appear to be mathematically correct.

02-19-2002, 03:52 AM
Are you sure it was the real John Patrick? After all we did have a "JIM FEIST" on here.

02-21-2002, 12:50 PM
There hundreds of undisputed posts in the www.deja.com (http://www.deja.com) archive from johnlpatrick@worldnet.att.net signed John Patrick. Some defend splitting 5's at blackjack, others exchange information about pets.

His website www.johnpatrick.com (http://www.johnpatrick.com) is perfectly consistent with all this, saying "in Football, [i] use the Teaser as my primary wager. ...

But the Round Robin [parlay] is my bread and butter".

Come on, man! It takes just a few easy clicks to verify this. Your thoughtful posts demonstrate you spend a lot of time thinking about handicapping. But in this case you prefer to believe John Patrick is a wiseguy despite easy credible evidence to the contrary. Oh well, gambling is usually about fantasy, not reality.

02-22-2002, 12:01 AM
I know for a fact he is a very high limit baseball bettor. This is a fact that I have obtained from extremely credible sources. Whatever he does in his books and website doesn't make any difference, that is purely what he does to sell products. You are the one that has to understand that this business revolves around two groups, the crowd that does beat the game and has an edge and then the crowd that has fun losing their ass. He is selling to the second crowd. If you haven't figured it out, the first crowd is not a group of people that pay much of anything for advice and could care less what your methods are. Patrick's (not his real name either) "public" advice is worthless, that we can all agree on, but just realize he makes a ton of money with that bad advice. If he used a different tact of giving out excellent advice it wouldn't appeal to the losers out there who love teasers and parlays. Tell a loser you got an easy winner and guess what he says? "Who else you like for a parlay".

02-22-2002, 09:50 AM
"I know for a fact he is a very high limit baseball bettor. "

but does hie win?