PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Observation

Jeffage
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I was going to the bathroom at work today when I noticed something strange. Our bathroom has one urinal and two stalls. I was going to take a piss, but the urinal was in use, so I used a stall and shut the door behind me. Why is it that men have no problem using a urinal, but shut the door behind them when pissing in a stall?

Discuss.

Jeff

lucas9000
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
i don't shut the door behind me when i'm only pissing in a stall.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
So the door's not swinging around and/or resting up against my ass. Also, a toilet is a lot more open than a urinal, which may leave some a bit more uncomfortable and by default looking for all the privacy they can get.

partygirluk
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Irrational fear of anal rape?

Ulysses
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't and think it's pretty weird when guys do this.

Edited to add: the exception to this rule is when the stall and door are built in such a manner that someone can't easily tell that someone is using the stall without pushing/opening the door.

diddle
03-08-2005, 08:04 PM
It's just good etiquette to close the stall door. This way people know which one's are taken.

Also, I don't want people to see me pissing on the toilet seat because I'm too lazy to set it up. Ok just kidding I dont really do this but many do.

Fratony
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
same here...even if it does tend to open and hit me in the back, id rather get in and out of the bathroom as fast as possible in almost any circumstance (missing the movie, people waiting for you, etc.)

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
i usually don't even close the stall door when i'm taking a deuce

Rick Diesel
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
same here...even if it does tend to open and hit me in the back, id rather get in and out of the bathroom as fast as possible in almost any circumstance (missing the movie, people waiting for you, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, i leave the door open, especially at my in-laws.

Brain
03-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I only shut it behind me when I'm in a very crowded bathroom (football game) where I don't want multiple people coming in and hurriedly throwing the door open into the small of my back. Everywhere else, people should really be able to see the top of my head over the stall dividers.

Brain
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the door's not swinging around and/or resting up against my ass. Also, a toilet is a lot more open than a urinal, which may leave some a bit more uncomfortable and by default looking for all the privacy they can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought stalls were pretty private. They'd have to get pretty far into the stall with you to get a peek, wouldn't they?

shant
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

miajag81
03-08-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the exception to this rule is when the stall and door are built in such a manner that someone can't easily tell that someone is using the stall without pushing/opening the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I always close the door. I've barged into many an occupied stall that had the door open.

Dominic
03-08-2005, 09:56 PM
I always go in the stall to piss unless the urinal has those privacy dividers on both sides of it.

I have a shy, shy bladder.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

housenuts
03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
"you call that a penis boy?!"

Slacker13
03-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I leave the door open when pissing in the stall. Usually penis in one hand, beer in the other.

sthief09
03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't close the door when I piss.

Dominic
03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"you call that a penis boy?!"

[/ QUOTE ]

my penis isn't shy, just my bladder. my penis is quite outgoing. His nickname is "Tripod."

PeeWeeH
03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my penis is quite outgoing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful with that. It can get you in trouble. Trust me.

PeeWee

Shajen
03-09-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i usually don't even close the stall door when i'm taking a deuce

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] exhibitionists.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beerbandit
03-09-2005, 09:44 AM
i wouldnt shut the door --- im lazy though

i might close and check out if there is any funny [censored] written on the back

i like it much better to piss in the urinal, i may even play swords if i feel like it

cheers

Reef
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but shut the door behind them when pissing in a stall?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just push it closed a little, rarely latch it.

Shajen
03-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I refuse to piss at the urinals in the bathrooms at work.

Bastards dribble their piss all over the floor. There's literally a yellow stain on the floor by the end of the day. I walk into a stall, flip the lid up with my foot and don't close the door. I flush with my foot and then go wash my hands.

I work at a nice building in a corporate environment too, not like this is a gas station bathroom. [censored] nasty bastards.