PDA

View Full Version : Kathy Leibert's "act" vs. Antonio in Battle of the Sexes

el_grande
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
When she hit top set on the flop and then filled up on the turn...

WTF was that? Worst bit of acting I've ever seen a pro do. To me she was giving off huge tells that she had a big hand. I suppose she was acting like she was making a nervous bluff?

When I see someone act like that, they have a monster. She wasn't attempting a double fake out either because she mentioned later that she didn't want to do the shaking hand bit.

Her act made me think of something though... Do experienced players (pros) tend to get more nervous while bluffing than when they have a monster? I find that the average intermediate player is just the opposite. They are relaxed when they are bluffing and nervous when they have a big hand because they can't wait to take the pot down. When a regular player knows they are going to be committing all of their chips, the heart races, etc...

tdarko
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Her act made me think of something though... Do experienced players (pros) tend to get more nervous while bluffing than when they have a monster? I find that the average intermediate player is just the opposite. They are relaxed when they are bluffing and nervous when they have a big hand because they can't wait to take the pot down. When a regular player knows they are going to be committing all of their chips, the heart races, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone should be similiar actually, some may disguise better is all when having a monster. it is natural to shake when having a great hand, its the release of adrenaline coming out and you cant help it pro or amatuer.

37offsuit
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Simply untrue. Out of the 8 players at our weekly + home game, maybe 2 have noticable reactions to monster hands or monster bluffs. While the stakes aren't crazy for us, they're somewhat significant. Everyone deals with stress differently at the poker table.

Hold'me
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
It was ridicilously obvious she had a monster and I'm not just saying that because I see her whole cards. She had so many tells, when she had a good starting hand she had this little smirk and when she wanted you to call her, she would act really nervous and give you a couple of quick glances. If the other pros actually gave a blank's ass about the infamous Battle of the Sexes she wouldn't have rolled over and won.

GreywolfNYC
03-09-2005, 02:50 PM
That was the worst bit of overacting I've ever seen. I was astonished that Esfandiari actually fell for it.

valenzuela
03-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Myabe Antonio thought "hey shes overacting so I think she has a monster, ha Im not going to fall for that"

valenzuela
03-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Its like after a RPS match from 2 pros you say " i would have played rock instead paper" get real, lets c how many reads can u get from her if she aint showing u ur pocket cards.