PDA

View Full Version : I play 3/6 live but...

FrankieFish
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
...I am finally opening a poker account with $500... which from my lurking here I gather is not very good for 3/6 games.

Say I start at 1/2. Is it worth it to even bother with 3/6 after 2/4, or should I stick around at 2/4 until I'm bankrolled for 5/10?

I read a post somewhere else about this... are the 3/6 players really any better than the 5/10 players?

FrankieFish
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Well I'm answering my own questions. Apparently .50/1.00 online is harder than 3/6 in a poker room.

Harv72b
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah...I've never played live, but from what I've read everywhere online is a much tougher game. A higher ratio of good players:fish, tighter overall play, and a lot more aggression & bluffing (even at the microlimits).

I would recommend playing regularly for at least a few months at the microlimits to get acclimated before you try 2/4 or 3/6. If you're a winning live player, you'll be a winning online player too...it'll just take some adjustments & getting used to.

FrankieFish
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...I've never played live, but from what I've read everywhere online is a much tougher game. A higher ratio of good players:fish, tighter overall play, and a lot more aggression & bluffing (even at the microlimits).

I would recommend playing regularly for at least a few months at the microlimits to get acclimated before you try 2/4 or 3/6. If you're a winning live player, you'll be a winning online player too...it'll just take some adjustments & getting used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Harv. I'm gonna bend the 300 big bet rule and play some 1/2 until I have 300 big bets for 2/4. And wow is it true... I wouldn't say the .50/1.00 players are stone cold killers by any means but they are a little better than the 3/6 live guys I play with. "No fold'em hold'em"