PDA

View Full Version : Scare card on turn and the inevitable CR

JDErickson
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Opponent here has been quite Laggy. Comments on turn play on.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

sthief09
03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
since he's a LAG you should expect him to check raise or bet a Q on the flop. since he didn't I think he's full of it on the turn. I'd raise again

MoDOH
03-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Against a standard opponent i would fold here, but against a LAG I would call down.

After he checks on the river you simply have to bet...

Hagrid
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
If hes a LAG, he would of bet the flop and probably three bet or at least c/r'd it right? He wants to know if you have an overpair now while its cheap.

I think he either has a 5 or 3 (or any hand at all) and is trying to get you off AK or a smaller pair (i.e. the hand you have or below). But there is a small chance he has flopped a set.

The queen was a scare card on the flop, not on the turn, I think you are ahead and would 3 bet the turn, call a reraise and either call or bet the river.

If he was a passive player I would fold to the reraise and if he was a TAG i would call.

Sarge85
03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

After he checks on the river you simply have to bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought was the same thing.

I thought well lets bet again, and fold to a second CR.

But then I thought - Will he call with a worse hand - if he won't call --- why bet at all since I risk a second CR or some other shitty Queen.

The River Check folowing the turn CR is suspect, and could mean he has some other weaker pair that JJ - or something totally shitty like Q3 or the likes.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif