PDA

View Full Version : I hate overcards, AKs

Womble
03-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Crypto $1/2, 10max, no reads since watching tv /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MP1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

I raise, only, MP2 calls

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, MP2 calls,

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, MP2 calls,

River Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, MP2 raises, I fold

Normally I play strong overcards that I raise preflop by betting flop and checking turn (folding if bet at, sometimes calling). Here I bet the turn as it was HU and after reading a few posts on here.

I hate AK hands, its very strong but also very weak /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dead
03-08-2005, 06:07 PM
That river bet is quite bad, even heads up. He's called you on the flop as well as the turn so I check-fold the river.

tytygoodnuts
03-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I think you could have still been ahead on the turn, I would have bet there too. Check the river because you are only going to be called or raised by a better hand.

John White
03-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree with the poster... My idea of hell is sitting at a table and getting dealt AKs repeatedly.

</sarcasm>

What does SSHE say about playing AK in this situation?

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Think about that river bet.

Will a worse hand call?

Will a better hand fold?

htc1278
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
The other issue I have with the river bet is that when you are raised by a better hand and then fold to the re-raise you are enticing weaker players to try to make this move on you in the future with trash, knowing that you've folded to a raise on the river before.

oLyphant
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
there's no such thing as a value bet here on the river..the caller obviously has something that is keeping him in the hand..and since he wasn't the pf raiser, its something most likely off the flop..check/fold the river here

Womble
03-09-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the poster... My idea of hell is sitting at a table and getting dealt AKs repeatedly.

</sarcasm>

Im not saying AK is bad, its just so easy to spew chips all over the place with it. Is one of my least favourite hands because of this.
What does SSHE say about playing AK in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vern
03-09-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there's no such thing as a value bet here on the river..the caller obviously has something that is keeping him in the hand..and since he wasn't the pf raiser, its something most likely off the flop..check/fold the river here

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I check/call this river. It was heads up before the flop, my check, after betting both the flop & turn could easily prompt someone to try and bluff, I like check/call better than bet/fold or check/fold.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

OrianasDaad
03-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I check-call the turn here, since my backdoor flush isn't going to come in. The possibility of being raised on the turn here is too great.

I'll get a free card just enough for this to work.

River bet is not good.

Quit watching TV while you play /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Reef
03-09-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Will a worse hand call?

Will a better hand fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

excellente

Thigh
03-09-2005, 09:51 AM
The pot looks a little small from what I can see. That's enough reason not to be the river. I don't know if I would have bet the turn. This is a nothing when nothing is on the board and the pot is small.

thulin888
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Will a worse hand call?

Will a better hand fold?

[/ QUOTE ]