PDA

View Full Version : ATo on the button: TP

DavidC
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
***Turn action is the focus of this post.***

UTG+1: SLAA
BB: SLPP

This bet out of nowhere made me suspicious. My problem, it doesn't look like he has the K, because he could trap the field for a checkraise if I bet this turn for him.

So, what do I do? Do I raise? Or do I call and play out the river?

I also think that I could maybe have raise this PF, given that I had the button. ATo isn't really a multiway hand, though, or a hand that does well in a massive pot, so I decided to see the flop for cheap, and hopefully use my position.

Comment on all streets, but please focus on the turn.

----

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls...

dr. klopek
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I think once he bet I'd go into calldown, although, it seems that if he had Kx, K7, or A7, he'd try to c/r...I know that I personally wouldn't fold, but that could be noobery.

toss
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd probably raise for the reasons you stated. A normal player would go for a checkraise here (unless he's that bad of a player).

I would also raise PF to fold the passive BB.

brick
03-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Call down. The BB will probably fold either way. If BB raises you have an easy fold.

Let him bluff into you when he doesn't have a K. He may be on a draw and you could "Charge" him for if by raising, but you may get 3-bet. You can make up for this when the flush misses and he bluffs again.

I would probably call the river if the club hit but I wouldn't like it.

mmbt0ne
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
UTG+1: SLAA

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy, easy raise. If he 3-bets, call down.

Shillx
03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I would probably raise and fold to a 3-bet.

Brad

Shillx
03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise for the reasons you stated. A normal player would go for a checkraise here (unless he's that bad of a player).

I would also raise PF to fold the passive BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet a king in this spot a decent % of the time. Now that I looked at the HH again, I would bet a king 100% of the time here.

Brad

toss
03-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Well its true villain might be going for a 3-bet, but thats why we would fold to a 3-bet right?

I also like to use the Check/call/Bet/3-bet line against aggressive players.

Shillx
03-08-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well its true villain might be going for a 3-bet, but thats why we would fold to a 3-bet right?

I also like to use the Check/call/Bet/3-bet line against aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with the analysis in this thread is that every assumes that the hero will bet the turn again. If you put yourself in the villian's spot you see that no one raised preflop, it checked to the button who bet the flop. If you have trip kings, why risk checking to the button who will check it through a good % of the time. The button could have just about anything in this spot. It would be dumb for the villian to think the the hero has an ace here.

Brad

mmbt0ne
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Ah, this is true. I thought hero raised the flop. Hmmmm, methinks I need to revise my raise/calldown plan....

toss
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Ahhh I never thought about that. You really analyze these hands well Shill. I too have to learn to take everything into account.

LoaferGee12
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
I think I'm just calling down here. The raise / fold to a 3-bet I might try with more people to act behind me. With only the SB I'm not worried too much about protecting from him and I'm ready to take this hand to the showdown cheaply.