PDA

View Full Version : Teachers = good GF material

ShawnHoo
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Looking back at girls I've dated in the past, it seems like I've gotten along best with those who were elementary school or HS teachers. Not sure why this might be (perhaps they tend to be more patient?). I'm starting to date another one now.

Anyone else here hot for teacher?

xadrez
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
My GF is a teacher. However, when I met her she was a clothing designer, so Im getting confused attempting to add a relevant thought here

LALDAAS
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Young hopefully good looking women, Educated,responsible, reasonable salary, and probally a good sence of humor to deal with children. To boot after a long week of whining brats wants to cut loose and have a good time by the time the weekend rolls around.

Sounds like a no brainer

chaas4747
Dated a few in the past. Think their ability to tolerate immaturity make me easier to take. GL with the new teacher.

Redeye
My girlfriend is a teacher, getting up at 5:00am blows. Other than that its all good.

LALDAAS
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I prefer nurses though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Suited Deuce
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.dma.org/~doogie/1984_hot.jpg

Perhaps it's because they're caring, attentive, giving, intelligent and active listeners. Or perhaps it's that they're around horny teens all day and come home and take it out on your bone? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Either way - win, win.

Bluffoon
03-08-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looking back at girls I've dated in the past, it seems like I've gotten along best with those who were elementary school or HS teachers. Not sure why this might be (perhaps they tend to be more patient?). I'm starting to date another one now.

Anyone else here hot for teacher?

[/ QUOTE ]

My last gf was a cop. current is a nurse. Teacher sounds interesting?!

[censored]
03-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm surprised you are not being called out for making an occupation centric comment like that. This sir, is an insult to women of different occupations all over the world and 2+2 has no room for someone of such obvious bias. A pox on your house!

KowCiller
03-08-2005, 05:23 PM
My girlfriend is a teacher. She's great. I've even got her learning NL hold'em on Party's play money tables /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've come to the conclusion that female teachers make great dating material because of their everyday environment. Being responsible for 25 3rd graders every day makes them more level headed and less prone to chronic female irrationality that seems to infect so many women. (at least ones I've dated) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KoW

dr. klopek
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Seems like there's a distinct possibility of them getting too teachery. I don't need no broad sassin me.

MEbenhoe
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My last gf was a cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was it dating a cop? My current gf wants to get into some type of criminal justice career, possibly cop, so just checking to see what I possibly might be in store for in the future.

jdl22
03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
A huge problem is that many elementary school teachers once they get home cannot stop talking to others like they are elementary school teachers. It's extremely irritating.

tpir90036
03-08-2005, 05:41 PM
I think that 90% of the girls I was friends with in HS or college are now teachers.... so while I could agree with the statement that they make good GF's.... it might just be that there I have run into more teachers than not.

Bluffoon
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My last gf was a cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was it dating a cop? My current gf wants to get into some type of criminal justice career, possibly cop, so just checking to see what I possibly might be in store for in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the end she was a cop and it didn't work out. I think there is some truth to the idea that some people are drawn to police work because they enjoy or need power and control.

To make a long story short we got along great until we moved in together. Living with a cop was no fun.

prrthd
03-08-2005, 05:48 PM
My wife is a teacher so I would have to agree. She teaches special education kids so it makes it easier for her to deal with me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

One thing is the "teacher" stories get a little old sometimes, but I guess she gets tired of my work stories also. One thing that is definite is all the teachers I know enjoy going out and drinking and partying, it might have something to do with being around kids all day.

maldini
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
i lived with one platonically (sort of) for 6 months. it was aweful. she taught kindigarden. she was very bossy outside of work. i think this was the only environment that she felt powerful. i would have to remind her often that i am not 5yrs old.

then she brought home a cop one nite. i'm out on that one. cops are the worst humans alive. a lost all respect for her. she would rave about all the neat stuff he can do to people. they even background checked me w/o my permission. fun city!!

chaas4747
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

then she brought home a cop one nite. i'm out on that one. cops are the worst humans alive. a lost all respect for her. she would rave about all the neat stuff he can do to people. they even background checked me w/o my permission. fun city!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not cool at all. They have to enter something (I think a name or a badge number) when they do this. All it would have taken is you to ask someone where he works why this was done, and he would have lost his job. I have a very bad story about and ex and he [censored] cop boyfriend who did this to me. This almost messed me up for a long time.

Rick Diesel
03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A huge problem is that many elementary school teachers once they get home cannot stop talking to others like they are elementary school teachers. It's extremely irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-[censored]-men!

I was hoping that someone would share my view on this one. Now my wife is a graphic designer so I am not in the boat, but my sister-in-law is the head teacher at her daycare (aka she isn't smart enough to get a teaching job, but is smarter than your average babysitter) and she does this [censored] all the time. It is so [censored] annoying.

Rick Diesel

prrthd
03-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Of all the teachers that me and the wife hang out with none of them do this. But then again if they did do it we wouldn't be out with them. I'm not sure it makes a difference but we hang out with the younger teachers.

Lawrence Ng
03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Young hopefully good looking women, Educated,responsible, reasonable salary, and probally a good sence of humor to deal with children. To boot after a long week of whining brats wants to cut loose and have a good time by the time the weekend rolls around.

Sounds like a no brainer

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Lawrence

sublime
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
probably a small sample size considering some of the stunts married women teachers have pulled the last decade.