PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

Brudder Andrusha
09-23-2002, 06:08 PM
So I'm playing what has become my regular place of late - The Trop in AC and the game is a $5-10.

3 players left by 5th street. Seat #1 Geriatric in a cap with walking stick.
Seat #2 Rookie 1st timer who says he plays Hold 'Em but wants to play a bit of Stud. Seat #3 Me. Seat #4 Anudder old fart.

On 6th Street Rookie bets. #4 reaises. #1 drops but turns his cards to expose a JC which is pertinent information to #4 who has JS showing on board. It was so blatant that I said "You can't do that" - To which the geriatric replies "I'm just learning (Pigs in Space!)"

Of course that brought some tension to our part of the table. Rookie continue on onto the river and mucked of course.

To my surprise the dealer played along with the whole shenanigan and blew it over as if the old fart (#1) had the right of way.

Where should this little episode gone on from here???

Anyway.
Rookie left losing shortly.
Geriatric was huffing and puffing after an hour when he had to break a Benjamin which did him no good so he switch to Seat #5 when it became available.

I stayed in positive territory for about another 1/2 hr and left.

I reckon I should've had a word with the Floorman. Collusion pisses me off!

Jeffage
09-23-2002, 09:07 PM
I would have called the floor over instantly and made him strongly rebuke the old man. This is why I personally don't play at the Trop often...I often notice this kind of card flashing, softplaying passive BS collusion amongst the regulars (including constant chip passing). And the floor does nothing. This is why I play at the Taj, where there are multiple tables of every limit (including 5-10 and higher stud); less of this crap goes on, there is less of a wait, and the games are softer in my opinion. Good luck.

Jeff

Dynasty
09-24-2002, 03:13 AM
Call the floor.

Then, start working on your problem of disrespecting people simply because they born before you were.

Brudder Andrusha
09-24-2002, 09:30 AM
>Call the floor.

Next time. 4 sure...

>Then, start working on your problem of disrespecting people simply because >they born before you were.

Don't you mean - "Because they are alot smarter than Beavis & Butthead..."