PDA

View Full Version : Too agressive with a8s?

rafct
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Prima 0,25/0,50 10 max

Hero is button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero raises, blinds fold, UTG MP and CO call.

Flop is 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Checked to Hero who bets, UTG and MP fold.

Turn is J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

CO checks, Hero bets. CO calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

CO checks, Hero checks.

DMBFan23
03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
rafct,

I don't think your opponent folds a better hand, or a hand that he should call with, often enough on the turn to make this play profitable. you also don't need to worry about being bluffed out on the river, as players at the micro-micros are pretty passive.

You are against only one opponent which would argue for betting, but he is an opponent who, out of 4 opponents, lasted through the preflop and flop action. I would probably check behind the turn, and take a free showdown if I get it. I think you can fold the river unimproved if he bets.

fluxrad
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Don't raise that hand pre-flop. You're dominated too often, IMHO.

The rest looks OK.

rafct
03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Respondendo a:</font><hr />
rafct,

I don't think your opponent folds a better hand, or a hand that he should call with, often enough on the turn to make this play profitable. you also don't need to worry about being bluffed out on the river, as players at the micro-micros are pretty passive.

You are against only one opponent which would argue for betting, but he is an opponent who, out of 4 opponents, lasted through the preflop and flop action. I would probably check behind the turn, and take a free showdown if I get it. I think you can fold the river unimproved if he bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts for betting the turn were:
I raised preflop and bet the flop, so when a second jack comes on the turn, if he has a smaller pair the board gets scary to him, and he would fold it fairly often to make the play show a profit.
Not really ?

rafct
03-08-2005, 04:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Respondendo a:</font><hr />

Don't raise that hand pre-flop. You're dominated too often, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a kind of hand that I would not raise in my past games, however I have learned here about raising some hands like this when you have late position and some callers. The reason is your hand has a better equity than the average hands they play, plus you have position.

DMBFan23
03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I like yout thinking, but

"he would fold it fairly often"

is probably hopeful.

dr. klopek
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
With A8s PF, you can be pretty confident that you at least have the best ace, raising is ok. Check behind on the turn. If the first J didn't scare him, why should the second? You don't want to get raised here. Check and fold the river.