PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 8 handed.. Hand

thesharpie
03-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MPB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MPB (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MPB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MPB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MPB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MPB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MPB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MPB folds.

River: (17 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has 9s Qh (one pair, sixes).
MP3 has Th Ah (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: MP3 wins 17 BB. </font>

This is the first time I've seen an 8 handed hand 3 bet preflop and ace high wins. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I had something terrible like Q8o. I was the poster and should've folded, I wasn't paying attention at the time and accidentally hit call /images/graemlins/tongue.gif then when it gets reraised again I'm not folding anything getting 23-1 closing the action (should I?).

I was also closing the action on the flop getting 29-1. I know I'm probably dominated, but my hand has gotta be worth 1.5 outs, about 1/4 out each card? Should I just fold worthless hands like this even getting 29-1 when there's so many opponents?

Nick C
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I think the preflop calls are both okay. True, Q8o isn't much of a hand, but you were getting an immediate 13:1 after SB's raise and a probable 15:1 (since usually MP3 and CO will just call). When MP3 limp-reraises instead of calling, I don't think you should fold when you're getting 23:1, closing the action.

I would have taken a look at the turn too, with two overcards. Sure, one or both of your overcards may be dominated, and possibly there's an overpair out there, and you could also catch a pair and end up losing to a straight or flush. But you are getting 29:1, closing the action.

With only MP3 showing any interest, I'd be tempted to call on the turn as well. And, as it turned out, you did have the odds to try to spike an 8. But I think the turn fold was all right.