PDA

View Full Version : Some preflop hand questions

AllinDan
03-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi!

I'm new to the forums here and trying to clarify my ideas on some starting hands; I just wanna know what all of you would do in these situations and why. I'm sure I could get answers from books, but I'd rather hear the reasoning. All of these hands are Party Poker .5/1, 10 handed or near it.

#1: AKo in the Big Blind, 4 limpers + SB in the pot, raise or no? How bout same situation with JJ?

#2 AJo in the BB, 3 limpers, and SB raises?

#3 AJo with two still to act against 3 limpers and blinds?

#4 AJs against a raise and 2 cold calls from SB? (bb still to act)

Thanks a Lot!
Dan

jaxUp
03-08-2005, 02:33 PM
#1: raise and raise. You have hands with great equity here. Play like it.
#2: I think I probably call
#3: raise
#4: I call.

CourtJester
03-08-2005, 02:36 PM
1) Raise, AK and JJ are premium hands, always 3bet
2) Call
3) Raise
4) Raise
Aggressive is the only way to win money, also look at the starting hands in the Micro Guide/Faqs, work on postflop more

davelin
03-08-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Raise, AK and JJ are premium hands, always 3bet
2) Call
3) Raise
4) Raise
Aggressive is the only way to win money, also look at the starting hands in the Micro Guide/Faqs, work on postflop more

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call #4 being in the SB.

tiltaholic
03-08-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1: AKo in the Big Blind, 4 limpers + SB in the pot, raise or no? How bout same situation with JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy easy easy raise for both AKo and JJ. Debate may start if you are thinking about whether to 3-bet AKo from the blinds...but even a 3-bet with AKo wouldn't always be viewed as too aggressive. Same holds for a 3-bet with JJ (but may be an easier 3-bet).

[ QUOTE ]

#2 AJo in the BB, 3 limpers, and SB raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I would normally fold AJo to a raise (especially an early raise), but being that I'm in the BB the opportunity to get in for half-price is a good one that helps mitigate our crappy position.
[ QUOTE ]

#3 AJo with two still to act against 3 limpers and blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy raise. AJo has a lot of value against the range of hands that players limp with...the opposite is true in raised pots.

[ QUOTE ]

#4 AJs against a raise and 2 cold calls from SB? (bb still to act)

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I think raising is a bit much.