PDA

View Full Version : top pair on a flush board... live game

syphlix
03-08-2005, 02:22 PM
5/10 game at harveys in tahoe...

CO and button are relatively solid players... i'd estimate 25-30% vpip... avg agression... in btwn passive and agro...

Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG

Hero calls, 4 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks

flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, folds to CO, CO calls, Button raises, blinds fold, Hero folds...

my thinking was that mebbe most would fold, and get 1 or 2 callers chasing a flush... when i get called and raised, i figger at least one has an ace (a better one) and mebbe one has a draw..

is the fold ok?

jayrutz2
03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
To me this is a great example of why A-little suited under the gun is such a tough hand to play, and can cost you a lot of chips. Even if you play it aggresvisely in a loose passive low limit game you are likely to get called by slight better A-junk hands, and any A junk suited almost for sure. Out of position, I think this hand demonstrates why you can start folding these. Under the Gun, I'm now folding hands up to A-6 or 7 or even 8s, and raising or limping all of higher suited As depending on the table and the flow of game.

Anyone else fold this pre-flop?

mr pink
03-08-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

Harv72b
03-08-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Entirely dependant on the table. But on most tables, I fold A2s UTG without a second thought.

If I do play it, I'm taking the same line Hero did with it postflop (again, with some exceptions for table/player reads).

jayrutz2
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Entirely dependant on the table. But on most tables, I fold A2s UTG without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

When do your second thoughts start /images/graemlins/smile.gif, A8s?

QTip
03-08-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket Trips
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
A-rag suited is where a lot of people just throw away $$$$ in low limits... especially in early position... u only hit ur flush about 5% of the time by the river and the cost of playing the flop + the cost of paying off aces w/ higher kickers when u r dumb enough to stay in when an ace hits these hands in multiway pots COSTS MUCH more than u win on the flushes u do manage to hit