PDA

View Full Version : Flasher

monstrpocket
03-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I was playing 2-5 no-limit at the Mirage and was in the 6 seat, the person in the 4th seat was flashing his pocket almost every hand. Would you say anything to him or just keep letting him flash?******* I did say something and some of the other players chastised me for it. Was I being too nice?

Kaz The Original
03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I tell everyone who shows me their cards "I'll say this to you one time, it's all you get. I can see your cards. I want your money, but I want it honestly."

Voltron87
03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
If they are a new player who has not played before with little experience, I will tell them at the end of the first hand I see their cards. If they are obviously an experienced player who knows all the rules, it is up to them to protect their hand.

IndianOcean
03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
who cares.

Flash away

fsuplayer
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
tell em once.

heres another hint, dont listen to regulars, esp. at the mirage.

mcb
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Unless he is showing the cards to the whole table I don't see how the other players should even care -- you are the only one who has the advantage. I tell him once.

Jax_Grinder
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
These posts (re: ettiquite and politeness at the poker table) always intrigue me. I think I am a fairly nice guy and am wont to help my fellow man, but poker is at its core a game of deception. Why protect another player whose deception engine has sprung a leak? It just makes the 1.5BB/hr thing all that much harder.

Maybe I am just ethically bereft... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

radioheadfan
03-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Play a pot with him where at the end you "guess" his cards down to the suits. If he doesn't get it after that hand, he doesn't get it.