astroglide
03-08-2005, 01:40 PM
george the animal steele eating a turnbuckle

Rick Diesel
03-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Superfly Snuka off the top ropes

Gamblor
03-08-2005, 01:43 PM
It sounds so bad because it's so recent, but I've seen a lot of wrestling and I love the People's Elbow.

The setup is amazing, the actual move is pretty good too.

Hulk Hogan is god, but the leg drop was gay.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Proper names please..

Superfly Splash

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Perfectly legit, John Cenas FU and Brock Lesners F5 are solid moves.

kenberman
03-08-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a guy who has a turnbuckle from one of GTAS's matches. It was pre-ripped!! I couldn't believe that the WWF would actually resort to this...

Gamblor
03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
its a shame so many incredible wrestlers had such bad finishing moves.

examples:

Bret Hart's sharpshooter
Iron Sheik's Camel Clutch
Chris Jericho's walls of Jericho

The best ever wrestler with the worst ever finisher:

Ricky Steamboat's flying drop kick. i know he's supposed to be like a karate guy but wtf? That was the best they could come up with?

sfer
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Camel Clutch.

Also, I never understood The Bird Man: Koko B Ware. He had a name and a routine but he like never won.

DukeSucks
03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Ricky Steamboat flying bodypress

Rock 'n roll express double dropkick /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

edit: Gamblor beat me to it /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wacki
03-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Star Man's Somersault Dropkick and Flying Cross Kick.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
03-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Goldberg's spear.

It just looked like it hurt.

B Dids
03-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Ganzo Bomb!!

chaas4747
03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Stinger Splash, followed up by the Scorpion Death Lock.

bdk3clash
03-08-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Honkey Tonk Man's - Guitar to the Head

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeff Jarrett has ruined this.

I'm partial to submission finishes. For me it's a four-way toss-up between the sharpshooter when applied by Bret Hart, the figure-four leg lock when applied by Ric Flair (preferably while illegally holding the ropes for "leverage"), the Olympic/Angle Slam followed by ankle lock by Kurt Angle, and Benoit's Crippler Crossface. These moves were all a lot cooler before everyone and their mother started kicking out of them.

The best finishing move of the last few years is easily Petey Williams's Canadian Destroyer (http://img101.exs.cx/img101/6292/cd3.gif)

(Note the ref's hardcore selling in the background!)

Brock Lesnar's F5 is a close second.

Fat Nicky
03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
The Berzerker throwing his opponent over the top rope and winning via countout.

BretWeir
03-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Ditto the Camel Clutch.

Koko B. Ware and "Leaping" Lanny Poffo (a.k.a. "The Valedictorian") were one of the saddest tag-teams of the 1980s.

Edge34
03-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Jesus that move is sick.

Shajen
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The best finishing move of the last few years is easily Petey Williams's Canadian Destroyer (http://img101.exs.cx/img101/6292/cd3.gif)

(Note the ref's hardcore selling in the background!)

Brock Lesnar's F5 is a close second.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but damn, that's some good ish.

B Dids
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I bet you know where a find a .gif if the Styles Clash '03. That's good stuff.

Redeye
03-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Baron Von Raschke's Iron Claw. Plus I got his autograph when I was little because he became a local realtor and played in my mom's softball game. Sweet...

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/baronvonraschke/04.jpg

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I used to put (willing) people in finishing moves all the time. In grade school, I'd take every chance I got to put someone in the figure 4. In college, putting sorority girls in the Torture Rack was a must. And my friends and I would Rock Bottom each other if we got drunk enough. All of those would have to be contenders.

In the end, I gotta go with the Pedigree. Which I have unfortunately never pulled off.

KennyBanya
03-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I am a big wrestling mark, so I have to go with a top five:

1)Dudley Boyz- 3D death drop

2)Chris Benoit- Crippler Crossface

3)Diamond Dallas Page- Diamond Cutter, the guy is a tool (how he landed a wife that smoking hot is amazing)but cool looking move nonetheless.

4)Ultimo Dragon -dragon sleeper (Obscure I know, but it always looked kind of real to me).

5) Taz-Tazmission

Honorable mention: RVD, Eddie Guerrero, Midnight Express, Road Warriors, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Randy Savage

Later,

Kenny Banya

mmbt0ne
03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
DDP: Diamond Cutter

B00T
03-08-2005, 02:42 PM
The oxymoron award of the coolest looking but stupidest actual move...

Lex Luger - Torture Rack

bdk3clash
03-08-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet you know where a find a .gif if the Styles Clash '03. That's good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find just the Styles Clash, but here's (http://www.tnawrestling.com/styles/phenomenal.mov) an AJ Styles highlight clip.

Benal
03-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Undertaker - Tombstone

Scott Steiner - Frankensteiner

NJchick
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely Agreed.

WEASEL45
03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Bob Backlund- Crossed face chicken wing

Sponger15SB
03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the figure-four leg lock when applied by Ric Flair (preferably while illegally holding the ropes for "leverage"),

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha nice.

I used to watch wrestling when I was like 10 years old, this is the only one I remember.

Ulysses
03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Why has nobody mentioned The Shocker?

Lucha Libre, baby!

jakethebake
03-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Clearly it's the cheese grater. (http://www.rit.edu/~cbw1230/BACKYARD/dangers.html)

Ulysses
03-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Jake the Snake Roberts - DDT

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Berzerker throwing his opponent over the top rope and winning via countout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni HAN!

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
More: Bad News Brown - Ghetto Blaster

Sabu: Arabian Face Buster

New Jack: Balcony Dive

KingCon
03-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Whenever I played the old WWF Wrestling Arcade game I would love EARTHQUAKES finishing move but I am also fond of MR PERFECTs Perfectplex

Uston
03-08-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure beats the Shake Rattle 'N Roll, which was by far the worst finishing move ever.

Richard Tanner
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Ummm pardon me, but Bret Hart's Sharpshooter was awsome.

Cody

quadzilla
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Bad News Brown - Ghetto Blaster

NLSoldier
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Definately the sharpshooter.

Richard Tanner
03-08-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definately the sharpshooter.

[/ QUOTE ]

bdk3clash
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its a shame so many incredible wrestlers had such bad-ass finishing moves.

examples:

Bret Hart's sharpshooter
Iron Sheik's Camel Clutch
Chris Jericho's walls of Jericho

The best ever wrestler with the worst ever finisher:

Ricky Steamboat's flying drop kick. i know he's supposed to be like a karate guy but wtf? That was the best they could come up with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed your post.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Brad, for the record, the Crippler Crossface is one of the worst submission moves ever, it logically can't make someone hurt.

The AngleLock is bomb though.

bdk3clash
03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brad, for the record, the Crippler Crossface is one of the worst submission moves ever, it logically can't make someone hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, for the record, this makes me love it even more.

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
What was the Walls of Jericho called in WCW? Liontamer? It was a pretty sweet hold in those days, unlike now.

Others:
Razor's Edge - Razor Ramon
Harlem Hangover - Harlem Heat

Hands of Stone - Ronnie Garvin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Very funny. Moving on..the other night, I was trying to explain to someone the history of the WWE taking over the WCW/ECW, the "invasion" (that sucked) the whole thing. And in my opinion, the episode where ECW reformed to make it a triangle between WCW and WWF was the best episode of RAW of all time, and also at the same time single handedly spelled the downfall of the golden age of wrestling.

Thoughts?

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
It's close. A couple of episodes during the whole USA vs Canada period were up there. But the ending to the episode you reference is clearly the RAW mark out moment of all time.

I don't know that that moment necessarily had to lead to the downturn that followed. If the Alliance guys went over, specifically RVD, in the following months things would have been different. Or if Steph hadn't been involved.

God, I'm such a wrestling nerd.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I think they blew their load with the whole invasion thing. And the creation of the ECW...yes got Steph involved and that just ruined it.

"what?"

The Austin/Van Dam semi feud...they dropped the ball right there.

And don't worry, I will put my wrestling nerdship from 1988 to 2002 against anyone. Haven't watched so much since I sorta grew up/developed a gambling problem.

NotMitch
03-08-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake the Snake Roberts - DDT

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe it took someone so long to get the right answer.

usmfan
03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure but I think that the Von Erichs predated the Baron above with "The Claw."

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
The only problem is Jake's DDT is now nothing more then a setup move. Kinda ruins it as a legit fishiner.

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, it's true.

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't watched so much since I sorta grew up/developed a gambling problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened to me. Though I think it had more to do with wrestling sucking ass than anything else. I've got it on in the background while I'm playing poker these days.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, it's true.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened to me. Though I think it had more to do with wrestling sucking ass than anything else. I've got it on in the background while I'm playing poker these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The only good thing was CENA, and I don't like him as a Shill. Carlito Cool has something going on. Angle is back. I actually love the JBL Gimmick. Things look to be picking up a bit. But I doubt we will ever return to the glory days.

nolanfan34
03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, it's true.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also in the same boat. Probably never watched as much as you guys, but back in the late 90s, with the Rock/Austin/Mankind feuds, that was some good stuff.

If anything, I think wrestling has become TOO athletic. Too many Brock Lesnar types who really have no personality, or gimmicks. Just a bunch of former college wrestlers who can pull off some good moves, but there's nothing else there.

FWIW, I'm surprised the Stone Cold Stunner didn't get more mentions in this thread. To me, one of the great things about that move, and the Rock Bottom too, was that there was no setup required. The move could come at any time, out of no where, even if the hero was "losing".

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I was waiting for the stunner too.

[censored]
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they blew their load with the whole invasion thing. And the creation of the ECW...yes got Steph involved and that just ruined it.

"what?"

And don't worry, I will put my wrestling nerdship from 1988 to 2002 against anyone. Haven't watched so much since I sorta grew up/developed a gambling problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it failed because the entire concept of an invansion is stupid to begin with. No bosy for one second believed the WWE could ever lose to a McMahon owned WCW so uo until the ECW reunion and directly after it the angle had very little intrigue.

WCW and ECW should have been given the 2 late night slots which are completely wasted as is. Wrestler's could be moved from "company to company" as needed with each brand being able to develope a core audience. Then at some future point in time they could have done some cross promotional shows.

But whatever wrestling pretty much sucks now.

Move: Doomsday Device by the LOD.

Ulysses
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I'm surprised the Stone Cold Stunner didn't get more mentions in this thread. To me, one of the great things about that move, and the Rock Bottom too, was that there was no setup required. The move could come at any time, out of no where, even if the hero was "losing".

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean, kinda exactly like the DDT?

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only good thing was CENA, and I don't like him as a Shill. Carlito Cool has something going on. Angle is back. I actually love the JBL Gimmick. Things look to be picking up a bit. But I doubt we will ever return to the glory days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with all of this. Carlito & JBL are hilarious. Cena as heel rapper = tits.

It's always infinitely better from January - April. Then it sucks again...

nolanfan34
03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean, kinda exactly like the DDT?

[/ QUOTE ]

As others said earlier, unfortunately that move is a part of too many people's arsenals at this point. I think a finishing move should be a signature that's identifiable to one wrestler only if possible.

Of course, the Diamond Cutter is pretty much the same thing as the Stunner, so as usual, I have no point.

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, the Diamond Cutter is pretty much the same thing as the Stunner, so as usual, I have no point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stunner > Diamond Cutter > RKO

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Actually there is a slight nuance to the Diamond Cutter and Stunner. I'll let some others elaborate because if I were to fully explain it, I may have to throw up in my mouth.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where does Brutas The Barbers version when he came with Hulk to the NWO in 1999 fit in>?

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where does Brutas The Barbers version when he came with Hulk to the NWO in 1999 fit in>?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, The Disciple. I think he has to use it to finish a match in order to qualify.

Edit: sp

Bill Murphy
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
The superplex.

[censored]
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually there is a slight nuance to the Diamond Cutter and Stunner. I'll let some others elaborate because if I were to fully explain it, I may have to throw up in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Diamond Cutter involves pulling the opponent up and out, which results in his body being parallel to the mat. The opponent lands chest first on the ring.

The SCC involves pulling the opponent up then directly down. The opponent lands knees first on the ring.

BeerMoney
03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
What about the DDT and the Rude Awakening?

Roy Munson
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Although I despised him, Bob Backlund's Chicken Wing was usually good for an instant submission. Submission holds are preferable to other finishing moves because the recipient is forced to beg for relief which is far more emasculating.

03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Other than the camel clutch, the best was Greg Valentine's Figure-4 leg lock, which frequently left opponents with "torn ligaments" and frequently ended with Valentine kicking the injured opponent off the stretcher. Brilliant.

I also was a big fan of Stan "the Man" Stasiak's Heart Punch, but was sorely disappointed that it never led to a heart attack, as expected.

willie
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
lod- doomsday device

misawa- emerald fusion

rvd- split legged moonsault

I lost all interest in wreslting, it's pretty unfortunate. I still catch the T&A preview shows and it looks like a pretty interesting group.

Once WWF took over my beloved ECW...it was over for me, i grew up on the stuff hardcore and the competition and rivalry was what made it so fun. One giant company isn't fun, it's completely boring. it's not about wrestling anymore, it's jsut complete crap.

I got into japanese wrestling pretty heavy for a bit, but it takes extra effort to get your hands on so i gave up...

ps- i have WAY too many wrestling vids and even some rare japanese posters (one from the giant baba memorial show),

this stuff is embarassing and i will never speak of it again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tpir90036
03-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Someone mentioned Starman from the original Pro Wrestling for 8-bit Nintendo... so I have to give a shout-out to Fighter Hayabusa's Back Brain Kick. Very solid move. Anyway....

Old school answer: DDT, and it's not close. Awesome move, awesome name...awesome.
New school answer: Stone Cold Stunner.

I only list a new-school answer because the DDT has been diluted by everyone using it and doing it more than once in a match sometimes. Which sucks because it deserves more respect than that /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would also nominate two ECW finishers in the form of The Van Terminator and the Atomic Arabian Facebuster....but both of them involved using chairs and have not been performed many times since those days. (Shane McMahon did a Van Terminator using a trash can in a street fight match at Wrestlemania once.)

Am I done embarassing myself yet? OK, good.

-tpir

mistrpug
03-08-2005, 06:13 PM
The Eliminator

Turning Stone Pro
03-08-2005, 06:28 PM
"george the animal steele eating a turnbuckle"

and it's not close . . .

TSP

Benal
03-08-2005, 06:30 PM
What was Andre The Giant's finisher?

hoyaboy1
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heart failure

willie
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heart failure

[/ QUOTE ]

.1/5

there is a funny story about him being in mexico when bam bam bigelow was early in his career

and they were working a match, and andre was just rough housing bigelow real bad cause he was a young guy at the time. i guess the water or food or somethin got to him and he ended up dumping liquid sh!t all over bigelow and himself in one of the most horrific anal accidents ever heard of.

Vince Young
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Goldberg's Spear/Jackhammer.

Nash's Jacknife Powerbomb.

DukeSucks
03-08-2005, 06:41 PM
http://lsw.i8.com/Wrestlers/momoney.jpg

MoMoneyMike (http://lsw.i8.com/Wrestlers/Bios/3m.html) : The Moneymaker

Actually, all the wrestlers in LSW (http://www.lsw.i8.com/wrestlers.html) look pretty tough /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BretWeir
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I actually saw Jake the Snake's debut match in person when I was about 10 years old. While it got corny after a while, the first time he opened up that burlap sack and dumped the python onto his knocked-out opponent, it was completely sick. One of the highlights of my childhood.

tech
03-08-2005, 06:51 PM
The Iron Claw -- particularly when done to the point where it drew blood.

BretWeir
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Not quite a finishing move but deserving an honorable mention: When The Junkyard Dog would flip out, get down on all fours, chase after his opponent like a Doberman, and end up with the charging head-butt. Always cracked me up to see JYD chase someone out of the ring like that.

Benal
03-08-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heart failure

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, but the same can be said for many pro wrestlers.

It was a serious question, I just can't remember and it's buggin' me.

tpir90036
03-08-2005, 07:11 PM
I am not sure that he had one per se. He used to sandwhich people in between his back and the turnbuckle and smash them a few times. And headbutt people a lot. FWIW, his finishing move in the recent video games he has shown up in is simply a very hard body slam.

Punker
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Fighter Hayabusa's back brain kick was indefensible Star Man was a chump.

nolanfan34
03-08-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, his finishing move in the recent video games he has shown up in is simply a very hard body slam.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too. When he picked you up and bodyslammed you, it was over.

housenuts
03-08-2005, 07:16 PM
quickly scanned through and didn't see it..

Shawn Michaels' Sweet Chin Music

i also liked the sharpshooter and the tombstone
i'm glad no one said xpac's bronco buster

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Do you mean Total Elimination?

siccjay
03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned Buff Bagwell's finisher "The Blockbuster".

Crippler Crossface is pretty nice too.

Victor
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
i used to get a kick out of yokozuma. cant remember the name but he just sat on the dude.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Banzai Drop. Good one.

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, his finishing move in the recent video games he has shown up in is simply a very hard body slam.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought too. When he picked you up and bodyslammed you, it was over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure this is correct.

Soul Daddy
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Banzai Drop. Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

As a kid, I was terrified of getting Big Splashed by King Kong Bundy.

wacki
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fighter Hayabusa's back brain kick was indefensible Star Man was a chump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, the amazon was my favorite to tell the truth. I barely remember the game, so I can't tell you what character I was best at. I just remember the game was fun to play as a kid.

bdk3clash
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't Goldberg's finisher--it's an entire Goldberg match.

VayaConDios
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that anything like a Cleveland Steamer?

Vince Young
03-08-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't Goldberg's finisher--it's an entire Goldberg match.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, he's got the Gorilla Press Slam, too.

astroglide
03-08-2005, 10:27 PM
i think king slender was best by a mile. it was easy to do several backbreakers in a row to get you into strength position for completing suplexes and piledrivers.

nolanfan34
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think king slender was best by a mile. it was easy to do several backbreakers in a row to get you into strength position for completing suplexes and piledrivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I forgot about that game. Looks like I have a new one to find for the ol' emulator...

housenuts
03-08-2005, 10:33 PM
i change my vote to Koko B Ware's ghostbuster finishing move. that was great.

even this website states it might be the best ever. http://scwsuperstars.tripod.com/koko.html

housenuts
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
oh god this website brings back memories

http://www.steveswrestling.com/info/wwepastfinish.html

how about Ted DiBiase's million dollar dream.

other honorable mentions
perfect-plex - mr. perfect
boston crab - rick 'the model' martel

i might start watching wrestling again.

Jack of Arcades
03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Sure, but even as a "smark" nothing gets me giddier than seeing Goldberg get in the ring and destroy everyone.

As per the thread, the DDT is the correct answer. Diamond Cutter > Stunner. Shannon Moore's Mooregasm > Blockbuster. No one's mentioned the Vertebreaker. Shane Helms is sick.

As per submissions, Sharpshooter. Or the Hammer Jammer.

mistrpug
03-09-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes actually, I do. Good call.

SinCityGuy
03-09-2005, 04:48 AM
The Great Muta - Reverse Moonsault

He was one of the pioneers of this great finishing move before it became more commonplace.

His other finishing move, spitting the mysterious green mist into his opponents eyes, was pretty good also.

IndieMatty
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Vertebreaker is g00t. Also Christians Tomikaze, which JR occasionally calls the Unprettier. (that and every other move).

Someone needs to do a study between alternativeish/indie music kids and Smarks, because there's like 4 or 5 in this thread.

Reef
03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Undertaker - Tombstone

[/ QUOTE ]

can't forget Steve Austin's stunner. For about a year when it first came out, in middle school (I think), all we did was try to stunner each other.

B00T
03-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I am proud to say the best finsiher EVER has not been mentioned.

The Garvin Stomp.

youtalkfunny
03-10-2005, 04:46 AM
No one mentioned Ken Patera's Swinging Neckbreaker?

Nor Jay Strongbow's Sleeper Hold?

Stan Hanson's Lariat?

King Kong Bundy's Big Splash had nothing on Haystacks Calhoun.

Who had the Cobra Clutch? Was it Slaughter?

mistrpug
03-10-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who had the Cobra Clutch? Was it Slaughter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It was a variant of the sleeper hold, and I think the exact same thing as Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Dream.

Simon Diamond
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody who is brave enough to watch TNA Wrestling will know that Jeff Jarrett continues to use that gimmick to this day.

IndieMatty
03-10-2005, 01:48 PM
whatever slapnuts

Greg J
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Jesus christ -- I came to ask about the episide 3 trailer, and this sthread has sucked me in.

Greg "the Hammer" Valentine's figure four with the turned around leg brace was pretty cool. HTM's guitar to the head was even sweeter though. DDP's diamond cutter was neat. Also, I thought Sting's stinger splash/scorpion deathlock combo was great.

Greg J
03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Koko B. Ware and "Leaping" Lanny Poffo (a.k.a. "The Valedictorian") were one of the saddest tag-teams of the 1980s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget about "B" Brian Blair and Jumpin' Jim Brunzell, the "Killer B's." That was fuc[/b]king weak.

Greg J
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I saw JYD in a Wal-Mart in Magee, MS selling autographs for $5 a couple of months before he died in a car wreck. I didn't buy and autograph but I did shake his hand.

youtalkfunny
03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Just thought of another one: The Polish Hammer

J_V
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
The perfect-plex

Tombstone