PDA

View Full Version : PARTY 1KNL AA, OVERPAIR, EFFING NUUUTS HAND

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
utg+1 is a straightforward and weak player... this is only my second or third button round, but he was chatting with his buddy and buddy was "wow 1k NL...woah dude, crazy... blah blah..."
preflop. utg raises to $30, utg+1,villain($1200) raises to $90, CO,hero($950) calls with AA, all others fold.
flop. 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot $212)
villain checks, hero bets $200.
villain thinks and calls.
turn.T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot $612)
villain checks, hero bets $645 allin.

fsuplayer
03-08-2005, 01:00 PM
whats so nuts about the hand? seems very standard.

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 01:05 PM
my hand is the nuts (technically)... i didnt mean nuts as in loco. lol. i dont know if this hand is interesting. i posted because of the PF cold call, the decisions to make two large bets instead of three smaller ones. i also considered checking behind on the flop to hope and further convince him that QQ/JJ was good...

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 01:07 PM
this is 6max BTW

Wayfare
03-08-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my hand is the nuts (technically)... i didnt mean nuts as in loco. lol. i dont know if this hand is interesting. i posted because of the PF cold call, the decisions to make two large bets instead of three smaller ones. i also considered checking behind on the flop to hope and further convince him that QQ/JJ was good...

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he check QQ/JJ on this flop? Also, I believe your hand is not "technically" the nuts, although I believe it's easy to see that it's best on the flop...

exeph
03-08-2005, 01:17 PM
technically, your hand is the 16th nuts. ni han

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 01:26 PM
i havent slept yet. AA is the nuts. you guys are trying to kill me.

gomberg
03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I had a hand like this the other day and the guy folded to my all-in turn bet. I regret that decision and feel the two smaller bets probably gets called more. Make it look like you're a little scared when you're positive they have 2 outs and they aren't sure if they're good or not.

Wayfare
03-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I like $400 on the turn because it pot sticks him much better.

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I like $400 on the turn because it pot sticks him much better.

[/ QUOTE ]the problem is even a complete retard knows you are strong when you bet 400 out of your remaining 650. live, against a very bad player.. i would always bet 300 or 325 and stick the rest in on the end... online, the stack sizes are blatant and a bet of 70% of your stack looks fishy.

schwza
03-08-2005, 02:18 PM
i would 4-bet pre-flop. 2nd raiser has to like his hand to 3-bet a utg raiser.

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 02:28 PM
i thought this guy was playing out of his comfort level bc of his convo with his buddy... i also thought he was kind weak tight. judging by the size of his raise and using esp, i really felt he had QQ. i thought if i made a big raise hed fold... if i made a small raise, hed probably call, and fold the flop. i wanted to give him a chance to see a 227r flop. i felt he would not be able to get away from his hand if i raised him on the flop. unfortunately he checked... still i felt ok about the flat call. i played it pretty fats postflop bc i still thought he had queens, and i didnt think he was capable of making that laydown.

NorCalJosh
03-08-2005, 02:47 PM
ok you're kidding about you having the nuts right? or do you really have no idea what "having the nuts" actually means? did i miss something? i dont want to look stupid and anal by pointing out that in this situation 22 would be the actual nuts, and that 77, 72, TT, T7, and a 2 with any other card has you killed...

shant
03-08-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok you're kidding about you having the nuts right? or do you really have no idea what "having the nuts" actually means? did i miss something? i dont want to look stupid and anal by pointing out that in this situation 22 would be the actual nuts, and that 77, 72, TT, T7, and a 2 with any other card has you killed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means in this situation with the actions preflop and based on his read, he has the nuts right now. Don't be so anal.

PennDisc
03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in this situation 22 would be the actual nuts, and that 77, 72, TT, T7, and a 2 with any other card has you killed...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want to be technical, his hand is killing T7, not the other way around.

But I agree that it's a little difficult to gauge someone's thought process because he might actually believe that AA is always the best possible hand. And the thread title doesn't exactly scream sophistication so it's possible the poster is just clueless. Subsequent posts seem to disprove that, but at first glance it's not all that clear.

Jax_Grinder
03-08-2005, 06:26 PM
You are not making sense. AA is not even close to the nuts. And why on earth would you cold call here with no reraise? Maybe I oughta read the rest of the replies because this is gibberish. Hope it worked out for ya.

Jax_Grinder
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i felt he would not be able to get away from his hand if i raised him on the flop. unfortunately he checked... still i felt ok about the flat call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are all being technical...you had no money in the pot when it came to you in the cut off, thus your call was cold, not flat.

The more I read about your thinking, the more I am convinced that you narrowly avoided a disaster. Keep playing AA weak-passive pre-flop and you will soon join the PP Evil Conspiracy crowd.

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
it was a six handed game. i was third and two people had already raised. i knew what he had. id didnt want to let him get away from his hand. so i called cold. if you dont like it, tell me why...

fsuplayer
03-09-2005, 12:31 AM
i like the cold call pf against some opponents.

not sure whether two smaller bets or one larger one works, again, it probably depends on the opponent, but I dont think they are getting away from QQ or KK here either way.