PDA

View Full Version : I'm a loose fish.

chief444
03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Party 2/4.

Villain is somewhat loose pf, tighter and plays decent postflop but I've seen her get a little overaggressive with small-medium pocket pairs in this exact situation twice already. I've also seen her play draws aggressivley. She's tilting somewhat due to a couple of bad beats. Comments on all streets (other than preflop please)?

Hero is MP3 with 55, suits don't matter

Preflop: folded to hero who raises, CO cold-calls, BB calls.

Flop: T,J,4 rainbow
BB checks, hero bets, CO raises, BB folds, hero calls.

Turn: offsuit 6
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: Q
Hero bets...

So how bad was this one?

krishanleong
03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't bluff or make moves at Party 2/4. I don't like the hand. I think folding the turn is the thing to do. I can make an argument for folding preflop. If you are bored, try playing more tables before making moves on unobservant fish.

Krishan

rmarotti
03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Planning on folding to a raise? I still think it's a bit fishy. She'd have to be REALLY on tilt for you to get out of this one alive, no?

jay1313
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey, only 4 of the 5 community cards were over your pair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Mathematically, I think you are probably dead where you stand. Psychologically, you may have gotten her to fold. It isn't always about the math in poker, in my opinion, it is the psychology, the read, and the goofy things people will call you down with that makes the game interesting. If you beat her, I am sure her significant other will not be getting any for awhile and if you lost then at least the rest of the table will never know where you are.

einbert
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
With a T and a J on the board I'm folding to the flop raise.

QTip
03-08-2005, 01:08 PM
About the PF raise.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I think the flop got serious when she raised. I might have called the raise as well, but I don't think it's the best idea.

After she checks on the turn, I'm thinking she might have had an OESD and took the free card...just a thought.

However, once the Q falls on the river, I don't like it. I would c/f.

chief444
03-08-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are bored, try playing more tables before making moves on unobservant fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was playing 3 which is all I can handle without making too many mistakes. I don't know how the XXXX you play 12 and don't lose money. /images/graemlins/confused.gif But then I've only got about 20k hands online so far.

As for the hand here is my thinking:

First, I thought I should have folded the flop. I really thought this play was spewing in hindsight.

I put her on most likely 22-99. TT or better she 3-bets pf. TJs-KQs are possible I think as well. Although I think she 3-bets KQs preflop at this point. She wasn't really a loose fish though. She was a thinking player that just played too loose preflop. And after the flop I realized that I can likely win this if any Q-A or obviously 5 falls. I intended to check/raise a river blank and bet out if Q-A fell. I'm mostly curious on what everyone thinks of that river plan. I do agree that this won't work often enough to make it worth the flop and turn calls and that was just stupid.

jskills
03-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Why call the turn? Just fold, no?

also, the river bluff bet isn't going to make anyone go away for one bet is it?

chief444
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, the river bluff bet isn't going to make anyone go away for one bet is it?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's really my only question. I think it works a lot with the Q. The flop and turn play is bad, yes. Definitely the worst hand I played last night.

pokerstudAA
03-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I dont think that the flop play is that bad. If you are going to raise 55 in late-mid position I think you must follow with a bet on the flop regardless of how dirty it looks - AQ8, JT4, whetever. Many will call/fold when their junk does not hit. Folding to resitence when you miss is important - your opponent did not miss.

krishanleong
03-08-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing 3 which is all I can handle without making too many mistakes. I don't know how the XXXX you play 12 and don't lose money

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a learned skill. Not as mental as poker. I also use every visual advantage available. PlayerView, Image Mods, Mouse Sensetivity, Dual Moniter, Auto focus table.

[ QUOTE ]

I was playing 3 which is all I can handle without making too many mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meant only in good fun, I thought this was pretty funny.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly curious on what everyone thinks of that river plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the river bet works once in a while. Not often enough to justify the hand, but maybe it justifies the river.

Krishan

Harv72b
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
The way I see it, the only hands you might fold with your river bet are 99-77, another 55, or 33-22. That's a pretty small range to put on a sLA-A player at this point in the hand.

Admittedly, her play up to this point did look a lot like an underpair, but it also could have been an aggressively played KQ (which obviously isn't folding to a river bet) or a better made hand. I don't think she folds for 1 bet very often, at least not hands that would've beaten you.