PDA

View Full Version : valuebet this?

dark_horse
03-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Didn't exactly raise the flop on the value of my bad ace.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

dkernler
03-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure why the K/images/graemlins/club.gif scared you. With BB betting out on the flop, we can't really put him on a club draw. BB could just as easily have a J and call down not believing you. I think this is an easy value bet. (I am by no means an expert on value bets, by the way, so take my advice at your own risk.)

DBG
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Looks good to me.

dark_horse
03-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I wasn't exactly afraid of the king, I was afraid of a bigger ace. My kicker didn't even play. So the King was one more overcard to kill my kicker and I wasn't sure if I was ahead or not. Then again, my kicker wasn't playing by the turn, so if I checked the river, I should have checked the turn. And if I bet the river, I should have bet the turn. It basically looks like I changed my mind mid-hand.

dkernler
03-08-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't exactly afraid of the king, I was afraid of a bigger ace. My kicker didn't even play. So the King was one more overcard to kill my kicker and I wasn't sure if I was ahead or not. Then again, my kicker wasn't playing by the turn, so if I checked the river, I should have checked the turn. And if I bet the river, I should have bet the turn. It basically looks like I changed my mind mid-hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
As soon as I saw your message I realized that your kicker doesn't even play. Not that it was much of a kicker anyway, but that's a good point.

I still think the times we're ahead of a J outweigh the times we're behind AT or A9. We split with the other non-2pr A's. I think A6 or A8 play back harder, so I don't see those as possibles for BB.

Anyway, I still think it's a value bet.

djr
03-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I like it. BB could have bet that flop with an ace, the flush draw, or maybe a jack (unlikely he outright bluffed). On the turn you've got top pair with a flush draw, even if BB calls you still have outs and may be the best hand. On the river, you've gotta be concerned he has a better ace. Odds are he won't raise, but you probably won't win if he calls.

gvibes
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
I bet this, I'm pretty sure, unless I have a read on BB as especially passive. I think I get paid off Jacks and, possibly, pocket pairs &lt;J.