PDA

View Full Version : HU $5 NL Holdem tourney

Peter
03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
This weekend I started to play some 1 on 1 tournaments an paradise. I played some $5, $10 and $20 NL Holdem tourneys and did extremely well. After the first ten or so I had only lost one. Then I entered a $5 1 on 1 NL holdem tourney.
The first hand I get AQs in the BB and my opponent goes all-in. I felt he was messing around because it was only a $5 tourney and because of the speed he went all-in with it was almost as if he had decided to go all-in no matter what he got on the first hand.
I called.

Is this really an automatic call?

I guess what bothered me the most was that the tournament was over after the first hand without really playing.

Peter

Allinlife
03-08-2005, 01:23 PM
this is horrible call if you feel that you dominate him skillwise headsup. Only hands you are ahead of are AJ or worse, and possibly KQ. often you will be flipping coins vs pocket pairs/ 2 other live cards in this situation.

If you had played more hands and noticed he pushes with much wider variety of hands, I guess it's an ok call, but there is no need to be taking coinflips when blinds are very small proportinal to stack sizes as they are when you just begin HU match

Peter
03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Many thanks, this is kind of what I expected after thinking about it after the tourney was over.

Peter

samdar
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Y risk the $5? If you win you double up but still have a very long road ahead with 9 people at the table and blinds only 10-20. If you fold he picks up 30 in chips which is nothing. I would fold and hope another person calls and gets put out early. People who double up quick usally play looser and can be trapped easy in this small tourn.

Sam Dar

Shanemex
03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Y risk the $5? If you win you double up but still have a very long road ahead with 9 people at the table and blinds only 10-20.
Sam Dar

[/ QUOTE ]

HU = Heads Up

Peter
03-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Same thing happened to me again, except this time I had AA. I assume it's an automatic call.
Where is the line between calling and folding?

Peter