PDA

View Full Version : Absurd Police State

Voltorb
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Terroristic Threatening With Zombies? (http://www.lex18.com/global/story.asp?s=2989614)

I hope the charges get thrown out. The judge raised the bail from one to five thousand dollars, so it seems as though the case is beeing taken seriously. Do the authorities really believe that such an obviously fictitious situation is truly a threat to the security of the school? Will it soon be necessary for writers of fiction to excercise restraint when dreaming up nightmare scenarios? What nonsense.

What kind of grandparent's would call the cops over such things? Now we have families snooping on each other. I guess we are getting Senior Spies instead of the junior variety.

Superfluous Man
03-08-2005, 01:19 PM
...but won't someone please think of the children????

Seriously, this could potentially ruin this kid's life, even if he's not convicted of anything. Gotta feel bad for him here.

jaxmike
03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I wish this was a joke.

Boris
03-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Very scary. It would suck to have grand parents like that.

Chris Alger
03-08-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ergo: "Anytime you . . . possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky."

And those that can't teach gym enforce the law.

FrankieFish
03-08-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And those that can't teach gym enforce the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaahaha... that's going into my quote file. Did you make that up?

Chris Alger
03-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Adapted from Annie Hall.