PDA

View Full Version : PARTY 1KPL TOP TWO HAND

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
so heres a recent hand with an interesting flop decision(i think)
party 1000pl 6max.
preflop: 2 folds, CO($2K)raises to $35, hero($1.5K)calls on the BN with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif,sb folds, terrible fish BB($450) calls
flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot $108)
BB checks, CO bets $108, hero calls, BB CRes allin, CO RR pot ~1450, hero...??

CO seemed alright. im pretty new to this table. BB is terrible and on tilt. he probably has a draw. maybe total air. dude is real wild. obviously CO knows this... i dont know how much attention the CO is paying, but he surely has zero respect for the maniacs allin.

Kaz The Original
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
raise the flop the first time around, this board is about as draw heavy as can be.

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
, this board is about as draw heavy as can be.

[/ QUOTE ]no kidding... i wanted to see a turn card and the COs turn action. i smooth called BC i had pos.... i also thought he was tight enough to lay down most of the hands i beat... obviously he will not fold if he is winning. i am more intersted in discussing the decision for the stack... previous action is nonrefundable...

RandomFluke
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
This is a tricky one. I'd want more info on CO, and if I didn't know much about his play I'd probably fold here. Best case scenario he holds AQo or 9T. But it is very possible that he has 99 TT kj or even AJspades. QQ is possible though less likely. I'd probably fold here. How did it go down?

Jeffage
03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
I'd be done with this hand on the turn after the checkraise and huge reraise. Fish get hands too and can flop straights. The cutoff could have a set...I doubt he goes this crazy with AQ or AA here after you called his flop bet and the guy checkraises all in. If you folded the best hand, then oh well. But I think alot of times you will be very behind with this scenario so I'd save your remaining $1300.

Jeff

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. Fish get hands too and can flop straights.

[/ QUOTE ]this guy was horrible before he was on tilt... now, well... party mania at its finest. I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT HIM. PERIOD. hes the reason this hand is such a tough decision. CO has to know AQ,KQ,AA,KK,whatever, are all HUGE favorites over the BBs range... he also should know its likely im on a draw and dont have a huge made hand BC the board is super draw heavy and i didnt raise to protect..

Jeffage
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Hands cutoff could have that you beat with this action...AA, AQ, KK. But there is doubt whether he'd make the huge 3-bet with these hands. Hands you lose to: 99, 10-10, QQ. This is if you only need to worry about cutoff as you say. If BB flopped a set or straight, he will get a good chunk of this pot. Also...cutoff could have something like KJs. I just don't like your spot for the amount of money it costs to call. I think you can find a better spot to push. Also, if he has AsKs, you're not that big a favorite.

Jeff

flawless_victory
03-08-2005, 09:43 PM
so i folded. BB had 5s2s, CO had KJo.