PDA

View Full Version : Drinking contests

Reef
03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
I just heard on the news of a tequila drinking contest in the Dominican Republic where the winner drank 50 shots... and died shortly thereafter from heart failure. This was all for 10k pesos.

Why are these things still going on when the consequences are obvious? I think it's pure idiocy.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are these things still going on when the consequences are obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

The age old quest to earn the respect of your peers by winning a competition.

Reef
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The short lived glory is faaaaar from the worth of one's life

daveymck
03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is though if you have 50 shots the chances of remembering the glory or any other aspect of the comp are remote.

nicky g
03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps not if you live in the Dominican Republic.

Screwtape
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Yes they are in the DR and they were wasted glory is everything

beerbandit
03-08-2005, 11:54 AM
im sure after the first ten shots he wasnt concerned much about anything

cheers

asofel
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just heard on the news of a tequila drinking contest in the Dominican Republic where the winner drank 50 shots... and died shortly thereafter from heart failure. This was all for 10k pesos.

Why are these things still going on when the consequences are obvious? I think it's pure idiocy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done about 30 in one night...

/i'm smart

LALDAAS
03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Tequila is so damn NASTY! Taste like old sweat socks.

The most I have had is 14 double Jameson's with a mix of many draft beers in between, Which lead to a 3 day hangover. That was rough.

Brown Thumb
03-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Stupid.

I'd like to see a P.O.T. smoking contest. I'll bet the winner doesn't die.

But, even if he does, everyone will have had a great time and I'm sure there were lots of laughs going around.

The contestants should all sit in lounge chairs all arranged in a semi-circle with a huge plasma t.v. showing funny movies. The grand stand (for the audience) can also be set up in a semi-circle behind the contestants.

So, they all just smoke P.O.T., watch t.v. and tell jokes (and share philosophy). You can even have the option of hooking up a playstation. It would probably be worth watching. And if you are lucky to be in the audience, you will get a bitchin contact high. Of course, if the producers were cool, they would pass the P.O.T. around.

cnfuzzd
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
hummmm,,,, one night we went to the local bar, who had a crazy owner. Nice guy, but crazy in the following way. First, happy hour ran from 10pm - close. Stupidest time for a happy hour ever. Second, and most importantly, all drinks during happy hour were two-for-one. However, they had good food, and i always found a decent meal at 930 was very helpfull for the rest of the night.

So, have few beers before we go to the bar. Note, the entire night i always had a beer in my hand, so im not even going to guess how many i had of those. Start the night off with two shots of jack. This riles my gay irish wannabe actor friend up, who then starts talking about how much better irish whiskey is than jack. While im not disagreeing, this does seem like the perfect time to race shots, especially as this dude always claimed to be able to drink more than me. We order 6. Rule is you can pause less than a minute after the first shot, then less than 2 minutes after each shot past the first. I finish mine while he is trying to drink his fourth. I am drunk, and disgusted, both from his display of cowardice and good common sense, so i finish his other two shots. I decide its time to move away from shots, so i order two double southern comforts and redbull. Im slowly drinking those, and my beer, when the owner, who was a frequent patron of our restaurant, comes over with shots of tequila. Its about 11:30. My general manager shows up with one of his douchebag friends, who no one likes, and who also seemed to like to pick on me, mostly because i never responded because i liked my GM. Anyway, we all do a couple shots of turkey. Then, douchebag starts talking [censored] about how im such a pussy for drinking red bull and so co. So, i buy him two shots of turkey, and me two shots of turkey, and me two shots of 1800. While he does actually manage to finish his two shots before i drink all four of mine, the margin there was pretty small, and he had arrived sober. He seemed to not be happy with how his shots are treating him, so i race beers with him and win. Later im told he threw up shortly thereafter. This is where the night becomes a little fuzzy. I know i did at least three more shots with the owner, and that i bought a couple more shots. Some chicks from work who were trying to bang my roommate showed up, and bought some shots, probably something girly though. The last thing i semi-coherently remember is taking shot of jager, with another one sitting in front of me.

It was a good night. Final tab: 189 dollars. Before tip. With free shots from the owner. In a bar where the most expensive shot was four bones.

My liver decided to divorce me the next day.

peace

john nickle

Lazymeatball
03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
My count has about 25 shots accounted for, 2 double soco's, uncountable amount of beers, and an alcoholic haze of drinking after that. I'm gonna guesstimate at 40 drinks plus or minus 5. Are you aware that they are looking for a new champion in the Dominican Republic? Now's your oportunity.

LALDAAS
03-08-2005, 04:35 PM
This is a great story, Its a good thing we are not drinking buddies.

My pink Irish ass loves to booze it up and have had many of nights of peeps attempting to challenge me.

Usally its some old guy or some punk collage frat boy who can drink a beer faster then me. My friends have made alot of money off of me.

God gave me this gift to open my throat right to my stomach, I can slam a pint before the guy next to me can even pick up his glass /images/graemlins/grin.gif

junkmail3
03-08-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have any news in the DR? What a bunch of copycats (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3284487.stm)!