PDA

View Full Version : Robbery or assault?

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Have you ever been robbed or assaulted? Have you ever robbed or assaulted someone?

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:49 AM
i should have told you in your previous post. it's assault

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:53 AM
i have been assulted /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Sigh.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Interesting story?

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
please define robbery and assault for the purposes of your poll

when asked if you've robbed someone does this count robbing from stores at a young age?
when asked if you've been robbed does this count having your bike stolen at a young age?

can assault be defined as loosely as something as a street fight?

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I have been robbed twice, and assaulted once.

The robberies are not interesting (passport, wallet first time, wallet the second).

The assault happened when I was a freshman in college. I was unlocking my car one night and someone ran up to me and pushed me. It was wintertime, in Alaska, and this guy was dressed appropriately so I couldn't tell who it was. He had the body type of a friend, and I was naive and trusting and didn't react; I just assumed he was screwing around. I said "Hi Eric" but then he proceeded to punch me and knock me to the ground and started to kick the s[/i]hit out of me. He threw me against my car a few times, and then threw me away from my car. He tried to get in my car and I got up and gave him an uppercut to his dick. He reeled in pain and I punched him twice more and then started to run off. A truck sped up, and he got in into it and they sped off. The truck did not have a license plate in the rear. I ran to the nearest building of classrooms and collapsed on the way. A girl saw the whole thing and called the police and I spent the night in the emergency room. My face was completely f[/i]ucked up, and I had some bruised ribs and a very sore back. I looked like hell for a couple of weeks.

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting story?

[/ QUOTE ]

not one i care to post...ill tell people one on one...but not something i like to remember

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Good questions.

[ QUOTE ]
when asked if you've robbed someone does this count robbing from stores at a young age?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's shoplifting. I consider robbery to involve some sort of accosting.

[ QUOTE ]
when asked if you've been robbed does this count having your bike stolen at a young age?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. cf. above.

[ QUOTE ]
can assault be defined as loosely as something as a street fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Brainwalter
03-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Shoplifting isn't robbery. Stealing someone's bike when they're not around isn't robbery. From dictionary.com:

1. Law. To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.

housenuts
03-08-2005, 09:01 AM
i myself have never actually been robbed. ie. someone coming up to me and demanding my wallet.

as for assault i'm not sure. i was kicked out of a bar once when i was 18 and the bouncers roughed be up excessively when i wasn't even resisting. ended up with a bloody nose. that was probably assault but i dunno.

Brainwalter
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Oops too slow.

Dead
03-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I have been assaulted a couple times. I am a small dude.

B00T
03-08-2005, 11:48 AM
on Halloween one time when I was 14 I was out with a group of my friends and some other group of kids threw eggs at us. I was with like 10 of my friends and we actually split up for a minute. The group of 5 kids or so were running away and half my group of friends were on the other side of the street and we ended up cornering the eggers.

There were about 11 of us and about 5 of them. After threatening to beat the crap out of them, we offered that they give us $100 and all their candy and a couple of the necklaces they were wearing, or else we were going to beat the hell outta them. Me and one other guy had egg all over our shirts as they hit us from around the corner of a house. I deemed the $100 fair to pay for new clothes.

So we robbed them of candy, money, jewelry. Is that robbery?

Wayfare
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
if you have ever punched, slapped, spit on, etc. someone then you have committed assault.

Whether you have been arrested and prosecuted for it is a compeltely different question.

I think most of us can admit to being in a fight or two in our days.

Wayfare
03-08-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on Halloween one time when I was 14 I was out with a group of my friends and some other group of kids threw eggs at us. I was with like 10 of my friends and we actually split up for a minute. The group of 5 kids or so were running away and half my group of friends were on the other side of the street and we ended up cornering the eggers.

There were about 11 of us and about 5 of them. After threatening to beat the crap out of them, we offered that they give us $100 and all their candy and a couple of the necklaces they were wearing, or else we were going to beat the hell outta them. Me and one other guy had egg all over our shirts as they hit us from around the corner of a house. I deemed the $100 fair to pay for new clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably aggrevated robbery. They are also guilty of assault.

astroglide
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
both. i'm not sure if i've posted any robbery stories (i have several) but they're not terribly interesting.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Brown Thumb
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
What about mopery?

Dead
03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
What about P.O.T.?

dr. klopek
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
No robberies that I can recall, but I got stomped the [censored] out by some skinheads once.