PDA

View Full Version : Are you metrosexual?

Lawrence Ng
03-08-2005, 06:16 AM
Are you metrosexual?

Klepton
03-08-2005, 06:18 AM
i wear pink shirts, own 100 dollar jeans, and my hair is layered... am i half metro?

Popinjay
03-08-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wear pink shirts, own 100 dollar jeans, and my hair is layered... am i half metro?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... that pretty much makes you full-on metro if not borderline gay.

Michael Davis
03-08-2005, 06:19 AM
I forget where you live, and here that just makes Klepton like any other guy. Except maybe the layered hair thing.

-Michael

jason_t
03-08-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure if those are the right characteristics of a typical metrosexual. They are too specific. From urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com):

A metrosexual is a man that, unlike the historical habits of the average male, showers daily. He is a man that has a lack of ignorance and arrogance towards others, women specifically. He does not always spend large amounts of money on clothes, which is a common misconception. He merely takes pride in his appearance and is a gentleman in all manners of the definition. A metrosexual is a man that knows masculinity is not about being rude and dirty, but being a well dressed, well groomed gentleman. Men not of this stature commonly mock these characteristics due to their own insecurities and jealousies. Those that lick the capacity of style and cleanliness have difficulty accepting the metrosexual concept.

Reef
03-08-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those that lick the capacity of style and cleanliness have difficulty accepting the metrosexual concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

this licking part sounds pretty [censored] to me.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i LOVE pink on guys...it makes them look secure with themselves to me...ive been tryin to get a friend to wear them...but i guess in the NE it isnt the "style". Most guys down here wear them all the time...it gets me going!!

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i LOVE pink on guys

[/ QUOTE ]

What about purple?

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i LOVE pink on guys

[/ QUOTE ]

What about purple?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i like both...but pink is mah fav color

jason_t
03-08-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A soft pink, or a vibrant pink?

housenuts
03-08-2005, 08:44 AM
i like pink

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A soft pink, or a vibrant pink?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah ANY pink

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hahah ANY pink

[/ QUOTE ]

On a guy?

peachy
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahah ANY pink

[/ QUOTE ]

On a guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes!!

Reef
03-08-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i LOVE pink on guys...it makes them look secure with themselves to me...ive been tryin to get a friend to wear them...but i guess in the NE it isnt the "style". Most guys down here wear them all the time...it gets me going!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink makes me feel pretty. As pretty as a pretty princess.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pink makes me feel pretty. As pretty as a pretty princess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty Pretty Princess?

Reef
03-08-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahah ANY pink

[/ QUOTE ]

On a guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm very secure, confident, heterosexual (I have a gf).. I still don't like to wear pink.

jason_t
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm very secure, confident, heterosexual (I have a gf).. I still don't like to wear pink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same (well, recent ex.), but I think a soft pink looks good but my ex-gf would never let me wear it. Even now she still tells me I can't wear <font color="pink">pink</font>. WTF?

peachy
03-08-2005, 09:28 AM
i dont care...i like it on guys period

Luv2DriveTT
03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you metrosexual?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Contrary to what Felicia Lee thinks I am not gay for dressing like a pimp.

Um... was this thread aimed at me in any way????

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

peachy
03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you metrosexual?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah a bit too concerned there babe??

Dead
03-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I think you need an intermediate option. Just because I don't do the stuff above like manicures doesn't mean I don't care about hygiene and stuff. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But no I don't think I am.

beerbandit
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
could you use in a sentence please

"Mike has become a metrosexual after shaving off his stubble and using expensive skin products to soften his cherubic facial features."
-urban dictionary

i have a pine tree air freshener

beerbandit
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it makes them look secure with themselves to me

[/ QUOTE ]
?

i bet most of the time, its a guy who acidentally washed his fav white shirt with his fav red shirt

cheers

Dangergirl
03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Pink looks good on men but the layered hair thing is definitely different.

stabn
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you metrosexual?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah a bit too concerned there babe??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well TT is the winner of the best dressed 2+2er award (no one else was nominated). He's also the favorite the next ten years running...

Dead
03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pink looks good on men but the layered hair thing is definitely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/1783/incrediblegifts1831176543717qc.jpg

jakethebake
03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one kinda pink I like on me.

jaxUp
03-08-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[
i bet most of the time, its a guy who acidentally washed his fav white shirt with his fav red shirt

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hilarious.

deacsoft
03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if those are the right characteristics of a typical metrosexual. They are too specific. From urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com):

A metrosexual is a man that, unlike the historical habits of the average male, showers daily. He is a man that has a lack of ignorance and arrogance towards others, women specifically. He does not always spend large amounts of money on clothes, which is a common misconception. He merely takes pride in his appearance and is a gentleman in all manners of the definition. A metrosexual is a man that knows masculinity is not about being rude and dirty, but being a well dressed, well groomed gentleman. Men not of this stature commonly mock these characteristics due to their own insecurities and jealousies. Those that lick the capacity of style and cleanliness have difficulty accepting the metrosexual concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

In accordance with this definition I would have to vote "yes".

codewarrior
03-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Your turn peachy.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/snooker2.jpg

shant
03-08-2005, 03:46 PM
There needs to be an inbetween option. Here in LA, dudes wear expensive jeans, semi-metro shirts (pink, tight, etc.) but we also scratch ourselves, except I wouldn't do it wearing cargos.

IndieMatty
03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
there's an inbetween bro-ham.

Jurollo
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Pink could be good if it wasnt a)neon, and b) maybe as a collared button up shirt underneath a sweater or something if you needed to fancy yourself up. God that sounds very gay of me.... ummmm... I am going to go kill an animal with my bare hands and chop down a tree.
~Justin

gaming_mouse
03-08-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
own 100 dollar jeans

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you get them, the salvation army?

$150 is the absolute minimum for me.

chaas4747
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Deciding factor in poll. If you chimed in on the "Best finishing moves of professional wrestling" it should automatically tally one vote for no.

Klepton
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
well i got em marked down from 180, and thank you peachy for the pink shirt comment

btw like davis and shant said, in LA being metro is pretty normal...if not now required to get a little play.

and by layered hair, i mean full blown short in some areas, long in others, maybe highlighted, maybe just dyed black (haven't decided yet)

TaxGoddess
03-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh Code - just because you can dress yourself w/o clashing (with stunning style IMHO), and actually can pick out my wardrobe better than I can, that does not make you metrosexual. You would never get a manicure or pedicure.

*Although I do note that you are good about keeping your fingernails clean and trimmed /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your loving wife,

TG

codewarrior
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

*Although I do note that you are good about keeping your fingernails clean and trimmed /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the men of OOT see why? I'll let others elaborate.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Corey
03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Remember, there's a thin line between Metrosexual and ex-Metrosexual and I think Mr. Phillips has crossed it
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_photos/20050305-144-001/large/20050305-144-012.jpg

jason_t
03-08-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
own 100 dollar jeans

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you get them, the salvation army?

$150 is the absolute minimum for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han.

Freakin
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.... I'm pretty much with you on that one... Cept I don't think my hair is layered. I definitely go to a stylist instead of a barber though. Never gotten a manicure or a pedicure, though I could probably use one. Massages are the [censored], but I don't think any guy is metro for getting one (unless it is with a guy by choice).

Freakin

Lawrence Ng
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more the the traditional definition, but the contemporary definition has changed the term metrosexual. It definitely involves grooming oneself to the point where it's gay by man men's definition, yet these men are not.

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i LOVE pink on guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink on guys is just wrong. wrong. wrong.

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

JackWilson
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Pink is awesome. I loooove pink. But i'm not a metrosexual.

thirddan
03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
what is layered hair?

peachy
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i LOVE pink on guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink on guys is just wrong. wrong. wrong.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

pink is HOT on guys...thats an instant ill give them a 2 min chance with me if they r wearing pink!

JackWilson
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pink is HOT on guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

SenecaJim
03-08-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't wear pink anything. I don't like the color pink and I scratch my balls in public.

on the other hand, I don't wear cargo pants and I tried on my wife's underwear. The silky feeling gave me a woody. However, I caught my image in the mirror and it was kind of disturbing. So I guess I'm in between?