PDA

View Full Version : kk get's shown the door...

09-23-2002, 10:07 AM
ub 2,000 guarentee 10+1 dollar entry 160 entrents

blinds have raised from 5-15 to 10-25 to the current 25-50

about 40 players are gone, i have 850

the hand: 3 limpers to me in mid position and i pushin with KK, alll fold to the blinds who also fold. ALL 3 LIMPERS CALL!

all of them have me covered but 2 will be severely crippled if they lose the hand and the third will still have over a grand if she loses...

the flop: T82

the turn:T

the river:6

utg+1 had AKo
utg+2 had ATo
utg+3 had ATo

and i lose to a split pot 3 tens....

post mortem: when i pushed in i had a strong premonition they (the limpers) all had a big (ha) ace, and they would be drawing to the case ace. well i got that right, but didn't know it would be the case TEN, that would do me in...

questions: 1)how big of a favorite was i here? preflop, and on the flop?

2)is there any other way to play this hand preflop?

i guess that's why they call it gambling...

ohkanada
09-23-2002, 10:35 AM
A pot sized raise would be to make it 325.

With having only 850, going all-in is not terrible. You are hoping to pickup the pot or get 1 caller. Getting these 3 callers were wonderful. You were a big favorite.

KK wins 81%
AK wins 11 %
AT/AT wins 8%

Too bad the 2 tens showed up.

Ken Poklitar

Gio
09-23-2002, 11:24 AM
All in is the right move as you want to dispose of weak Aces (AT would be one of them /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )and small pocket pairs. The AK was correct in calling if he put on you on QQs or smaller. The other two were out of to lunch and in most circumstances, you would thank them for their chips.

I would send a e-mail to Phil complaining about his site's crummy software /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif But that was just a bad break. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gio

Ignatius
09-23-2002, 11:32 AM
1)how big of a favorite was i here? preflop, and on the flop?

about 80% preflop, 88% on the flop (exact values would depend on suits)

2)is there any other way to play this hand preflop?

A pot sized raise would have taken 38% of your stack, so moving in is fine. However, given your read, a case can be made for trapping with a smaller but pot-committing raise (say, to T400) if you feared that an all-in bet might take it down and would usually get it heads-up (you want as many callers as possible if they're drawing to one common out). However, since everyone called, your all-in move turned out to be the best possible play, anyway.

cu

Ignatius

The Prince
09-24-2002, 02:56 PM
"All in is the right move as you want to dispose of weak Aces (AT would be one of them )and small pocket pairs. "

Why the hell would you want to dispose of the very same hands that make you a substantial favorite?

(I'm not saying all-in is wrong, but your reasonning is.)