PDA

View Full Version : When a steal gets foiled...

wegs the wegs
03-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Lets say we're at a final table, you try to make a steal and the BB goes over the top all in forcing you to fold.

How long to you wait before you steal again? A few hands? One orbit? Two orbits?

A move like that clearly labels someone trying to steal the pot and will lose respect instantly. Any thoughts on how to regain the tight image or when you should take another stab at the blinds?

kuro
03-08-2005, 04:12 AM
The rest of the table doesn't know if you were on a steal or if you just had a hand like 99 that you didn't want to call with. So if you see another spot that looks good to steal from then do so.

Pepsquad
03-08-2005, 04:23 AM
You are giving your opponents too much credit. If they mentally note anything from this hand, it won't be your initial raise - it'll be BB's all-in over the top. Putting myself in the position of your opponents, if you folded to the all-in over the top I'd be willing to give you credit for AJ-A9 or a low/mid PP. I wouldn't necessarily think you held complete crap just because you folded.

Pep.

03-08-2005, 05:12 AM
I only slow down on the steals if I'm forced to call with a crappy hand b/c of the size of the pot or if I was spacing and didn't realize the BB was short or some other moronic mistake I tend to make when playing online. Say, ok, A7 no good, NH and rob their asses again next hand.

Gavin